Maschine MK3 footswitch MIDI

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by LojikDub, Jul 31, 2020.

1. LojikDub

LojikDub New Member

Hello,

I'm using Maschine MK3 with Ableton Live 10 with a Boss FS-6 footswitch. I'd like to be able to control MIDI functions in Ableton using the footswitch (specifically session record).

I've set the tip & sleeve of the footswitch to send MIDI CC messages using the Mackie control template, but the footswitches still only control the internal functions of Maschine (record arm & play). MIDI is only passed through to Ableton when Maschine is in MIDI mode.

Is there are way to permanently pass MIDI from the footswitch whilst in Mackie control (or other) mode?

Thanks

2. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

The MK3's pedal connector only responds to logic 1 or 0 signals.
    And only controls the play-stop and record mode of the MK3.

René

3. LojikDub

LojikDub New Member

Thanks, that's frustrating. It seems like an arbitrary limitation.

I guess I need to find something else specifically for getting pedal CCs into Ableton.....

4. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

you can use the controller editor to assign midi CC's to the pedal input. (like 64 for sustain) and then use it in Midi mode like a keyboard.

5. LojikDub

LojikDub New Member

Thanks, yes I got that far already - unfortunately that doesn't really help me because I want to use the functions of Maschine whilst routing MIDI from the footswitches to Ableton for another purpose.

6. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

Oh, well its one or the other mode at a time (Maschine or Midi). You would need to get another Midi Controller.