1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Maschine MK3 Hardware only?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by nilssanders, Sep 25, 2020.

1. nilssanders

nilssanders New Member

Hi Maschine users,
    I bought the Maschine Mikro MK3 a few months ago. This little Maschine is so much fun, I had to buy the upgrade to the full Machine library and also Komplete 12 Select immediately afterwards. Mega! Now, however, I notice that I am somewhat limited by the Maschine Mikro MK3 hardware. So the “big” MK3 machine is needed.

Now my question; Since I already have all the software that comes with the Maschine MK3, it would be great if there's a "hardware only" solution/offer. Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks!

2. arche3

arche3 NI Product Owner

Ebay

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

3. nilssanders

nilssanders New Member

Yes, I already check it. One nice offer is just missed.

4. awol9000

awol9000 NI Product Owner

Pawn shops?

5. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

Short answer is no - the Maschine MK3 is bundled with free add-ons and the software. The software do not influence the hardware price and the license would actually always trigger the software. Even if you purchase it second-hand, you'll get the software in your account. Second-hand unit might be cheaper tho ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. hologroove

hologroove New Member

Does that mean if I sell my Maschine MK3 on eBay and the buyer registers the hardware to their NI account then I loose all the NI software from my account. (I would like to sell the mk3 but keep Komplete 12 Slect with Massive, Monark, etc. that came with the unit)

7. Matt @ NI

You don't actually - you will keep the software in your account and the new user would get new licenses.

• Like Like x 1
  8. nilssanders

nilssanders New Member

Wow, that sounds interesting (crazy). I didn't now.

But anyway, thanks for the answer.

9. olafmol

olafmol NI Product Owner

ehhmm.. is this really the case? I thought the hardware (Maschine MK3) and the software are connected together, by their mutual license keys. I recently purchased a Mk3, and the seller requested a transfer code from NI, I received this, I entered the transfer code in my profile, and all software licenses for Maschine MK3 are now transferred to my account. I assume that the seller has now lost access to these specific licenses because he sold the corresponding hardware.

10. Matt @ NI

That is really the case...the seller keeps his software licenses and the new user gets some new ones.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. olafmol

olafmol NI Product Owner

wow..tnx, good to know!

12. Ronnie Wibbley

Ronnie Wibbley New Member

Is this also the case when buying used Komplete Kontrols?

13. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

The Komplete Kontrol software is pretty much available free of charge. It's even included with the free Komplete Start so there's nothing to worry about licenses.

14. D-One

D-One Well-Known Member

KK keyboards cames with K-Select tho, it has more stuff than K-Start.
    Can you confirm if it works the same way for KK S/A Matt @ NI ? (in the event someone sells a KK keyboard without any crossgrades and such)

15. Matt @ NI

It works the same for the Komplete Kontrol MK2 models afaik.
    I've messaged Ronnie so he can double check with our registration team directly as well :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  16. oli@bass

oli@bass NI Product Owner

Wow! Is this the same for older Maschine versions (MK1, MK2)? Because I with those there was a CD-ROM with separate license numbers for the Maschine software and the bundled software collection, and as a Maschine 1 User I even had to buy the Maschine 2 software upgrade.

Thanks in advance for checking,

17. Matt @ NI

This is not the same for older unit and only applies to MK3. Just like you described, the license was automatically generated by the hardware in the past. The seller would need to transfer both HW and SW serial to the buyer otherwise a new license would need to be purchased.

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

However, I guess „crossgrade products“ which were connected to the product will be deleted then? Or will they also remain within the account?

19. Matt @ NI

Crossgrade licenses are not "connected" to a specific hardware. Just like the upgrade or updates, they need a base product in the account to be activated. We also don't delete any licenses when users ask for a license transfer. We could inform that the base product is part of the transfer request and it will then prevent a product to be activated. This wouldn't happen with the Maschine MK3 since the software stays in the account and the Maschine MK3 hardware is not a base product for anything.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Murat Kayi

Murat Kayi NI Product Owner

Just as an added experience first hand:
    Bought mikro mk3 and komplete 12 bundled in a sale

Upgraded to maschine factory library, got bunch of expansions, upgraded to komplete ultimate 13

Got maschine mk3 recently and sold my mikro mk3 to a friend. I kept my software configuration, he got a new maschine license.

Easypeasy, very user friendly and support helped quickly and thoroughly. Awesome all around

• Like Like x 3