1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Maschine MK3 headphone impedance

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by mebitek, Oct 10, 2019 at 2:00 PM.

1. mebitek

mebitek NI Product Owner

Hi all,
    what is the maschine mk3 headphones impedance?
    I'm asking cause I'm changing my headphones and I want to buy the beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, so I need to choose beetween the three version: 32Ohm, 80Ohm, 250Ohm.
    someone can help me?
    thanks

2. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

3. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

I’ve been looking at those headphones as well, I was thinking I could get the 250 ohm and a head phone amp

4. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

I would take the 250 ohms version that way you get most power out of the interface. But mybe they sound different so I would read some tests.

Uwe

5. mebitek

mebitek NI Product Owner

the specs speaks about 33 Ohms. I'm not able to understand if it's the right value to compare to. Other guys say that I can safely buy the 80Ohm version. what do you think?

6. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

sorry i have to disagree to some extend.

i own two versions of the DT 770 Pro.the 250 ohm version sounds very good, but maschine's output just doesn't have enough power to drive it "hard enough" (i like it loud). i've got the 80 ohm version now too (DT770 pro M or something like that) and it delivers a louder sound driven by my mk3's headphone output.

for me it's clear, with this headphones:

- without an additional headphone amp / only with mk3 interface: go for the lower ohm version
    - with an additional headphone: the 250 ohm one is "king" (sounds cleaner)

but best - as with monitors - is to go to a shop and test them. best would be to bring your maschine with you so you can listen to your own sound and decide what suits you best.

have fun all together :)

7. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Ahh OK didn't know about the 80 ohms version, the op didn't mention it. But then of course yes if there is an 80 ohms version buy it.

Uwe

8. mebitek

mebitek NI Product Owner

b-r@nno so 80 ohm version sounds good?

9. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

for me they sound good, yes. the sound is not "as open as the 250 ohm one", but given the fact i use my maschine mostly on the road (in the train in fact), i prefer the y80 ohm ones as they give slightly more "power"....

but: maybe your ears aren't as damaged as mine and you'd be fine with the DT 770 Pro 250 Ohm...try it, if you can. if unsure, go for the lower ohm ones, as long as you don't want to spend more money on a headphone preamp in case it's not loud/powerful enough for you.

regarding headphone amps: i bought a 8 or 11 $ one from wish - a 4 channel headphone-preamp/splitter. i wasn't expecting good quality. in fact i expected them to be noisy like hell. but to my surprise: these thing just works (and they get sold here in switzerland - with some brand name on it - for 20 times mor expensive....