Maschine MK3 Integration

Discussion in 'Feature Request' started by Joe121, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

Why not allow Traktor to output to the screens of the Maschine MK3? It could be used really well when mapped to remix decks. Even the default layout for the S8 could look great on the Maschine.

Just my 5 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  2. Aleix Jiménez

Aleix Jiménez NI Product Owner

I've been investigating this the last couple of months and I think it's definitively possible, in fact I did an initial approach for this, but found that there was no way for Traktor to recognise it as an Input/Output with HID Device... if only they could enable the possibility, then we could map it to use it as we want... All they might have to do is to "register it" in Traktor and create a CSI/MaschineMK3/MaschineMK3.qml input file... from there, we could do the rest and start making the MK3 even greater for us, users who own a Maschine MK3 but we are in the DJing world too
    it would be extremely useful for remix decks, for example (instead of using Maschine), or for Triggering Pad Effects and know exactly which FX you are triggering, for using Freeze with 16 pads... many ideas come to mind if this was possible...
    But as mentionned, there's no reference to it in the app apart from being listed as an Audio Interface device... There are references to the MaschineStudio, though...

3. Almaz

Almaz NI Product Owner

But now, machine and a traktor can work by link? Any problems with this?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aleix Jiménez

Aleix Jiménez NI Product Owner

Not a problem at all, but what I guess that Joe121 and I mean is that Maschine could be a super companion for our controllers, think of it as a F1 with screens for example, you understand what we mean? It's potential isn't fully used when using it FOR/IN Traktor in MIDI mode, that's what we mean (we do not mean using it using link and running Maschine and Traktor).
    If it could be used as a controller with HID support and mappeable from the controller manager, it would be epic for NI users since it would be a very good buy for Traktor users being one more reason to buy it that you can use it in both Worlds (for Maschine and for Traktor) with "perfect" integration.

The only problem I can see is when running both Traktor and Maschine, but I guess that one could disable the MK3 from Traktor to allow the MK3 to only control Maschine Software.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

Exactly, Ive tried to import the maschine to traktor via the qml code but unfortunately Traktor doesn't seem to want to output to the maschine from what I've tried. Allowing screen outputs from traktor could open up tonnes of possibility whether it be via mappings or by making it an official control surface for traktor.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Almaz

Almaz NI Product Owner

I saw several demo mixes using MK3 machines, it will be a good solution to replace F1 with MK3 machines, since machine exceed F1 in capabilities. In general, it would be nice to combine ableton logic with classical DJing and have controllers immediately configured for this. Because,
    In fact, hot cues for DJ controllers are a lite version of Ableton, if I understand correctly. It's great to make a mix in the form of an ableton and see how it moves horizontally, but with the ability to quickly switch to a regular deck, if the situation requires it. I like making mixes in ableton. since we can edit everything
    anything. It is also convenient from a visual point of view, since we can arrange various drum parts, percussions, lay vocals and see where we need to turn it on