1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Maschine MK3 Logic Pro X vs Ableton

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by SM313, Jan 4, 2018.

1. SM313

SM313 NI Product Owner

Hey everyone,

I have a question. I have the MK3 and also a Push 2. Me and my son were making beats and I noticed in Ableton I can open a track with Maschine and change tracks on Ableton which allows my son or even other users to work in Ableton while I still program in Maschine without Maschine track being active and theres absolutely NO latency. Now in Logic Pro X Maschine doesn't even work unless you're on the Maschine track and in some cases you have to stop and start again to get Maschine back in Sync. Now is there a way to make Logic have the same behavior as Ableton with using Maschine flawlessly without being on a active Maschine track??

2. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

This is a side effect of Logic's hybrid engine. When the track the Maschine is on is not armed in Logic, Logic will move that track to the larger buffer (process buffer) versus the buffer it uses when a track is armed (input buffer). Studio One kind of does this too with their hybrid buffer. Try going to logic's preferences and changing the process buffer to small to see if that does anything.

Live doesn't have this issue because all tracks are always "live" as in they are always in the same buffer since Live doesn't use a process buffer. However that means that unlike Logic, having too much stuff going on will bog down the DAW versus Logic's legendary efficiency.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. COYC

COYC NI Product Owner

if you own push2 there is no reason even bother with logic (IMO). sometimes when i jam with friends we have set up ableton with maschine and 2 midi keyboards + 1 stereo input, each one of us can record, loop our own instrument using 1 instance of ableton without bothering each other.
    i dont own push, but i believe it can be very good control center in case of selecting and recording channels.
    1 tip i can give you, make all routings you need, make some mappings and save as template live set in preferences. that will give you everything ready to go when you fire up live

4. SM313

SM313 NI Product Owner

Ahhhh.. Makes sense!! Thanks for the response!!

5. Tim Verberne

Tim Verberne NI Product Owner

If you already own an Ableton Push controller, I would definitely stick with Ableton IMHO. From my personal experience Maschine works very well with Ableton. Me and my friends also jam together using Ableton as host with a Maschine instance on one track.