Maschine MK4

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Moffit, May 18, 2019.

1. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Or the 'totally new' Addikt controller................................................

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

You can bet the house they’re working on that. They sell controllers; there’s nothing else left to update (I don’t count Jam).

3. jbuonacc

jbuonacc NI Product Owner

what do you think they'd do with that? the MK3 is pretty much just a Studio in a smaller case. they're just going to make it bigger and space out the buttons a bit to sell another controller? what would a Studio MK2 bring?

4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I Mostly agree even though the right portion of the Studio is quite handy, quite a few users here dont consider the MK3 the flagship, I do, but I guess that's subjective. Back in the day people associated big drum machines as more professional/better, think MPC5000, I believe this theory was used when the Studio was designed, it always felt unnecessarily big to me. Nowadays the trend is the opposite: Compact is better.

I hope not and doubt that will happen.
    As to what it could bring.. the options are endless... the right portion of Studio for example, touch screen, 8x8 pads, more interface IO, etc, etc...
    A company that does hardware is always working on the next model, if it's going to be released soon or not is another matter tho.

• Like Like x 2
  5. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

Good questions...D-One pretty much summed it up...

I don't say it's going to be released soon (or even ever), but I'm pretty sure they've had something in the works for a while.
    My feeling is they want to counter all the attention that AKAI's been getting with their standalone MPC's. How better to do that than by releasing a new flagship controller with lots of bells and whistles (and some new twists)?

They've been lagging on innovation; this could be something where they make a statement with a product that says: "Hey, we're still in the game guys, so don't sleep on us", generating a ton of buzz and amnesia over past mistakes.

Not saying that N.I. will release standalone -although I don't say it's impossible either; just unlikely- but that they want to put out something that will make you salivate at the mouth the way the Studio did when it first came out.

So we're talking two things here: Gear Lust, and the promise of new functionality.
    We all know both wear out real fast; but I'm pretty sure a lot of old and new users (some of whom have been holding out on updating to the MK3) will drop $ for something like this.

Will there be frustration afterwards? Quite likely, but that really depends on N.I. and how they roll it out and support it.
    I just can't imagine them not thinking they could make a ton of money on releasing something like this...that's why I think they'll do it. Not saying they should...just that they're planning to; and if their market research shows it's still viable, they'll go ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

MMMNNNN functionality MMNNNNNNNNN
    ..er but don't you need software for that???...just a thought..................................

• Funny Funny x 2