Maschine MKIIII

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by kultschar, Jul 29, 2019.

1. kultschar

kultschar NI Product Owner

Any views on the likelihood of Maschine MKIIII and 3.0 hitting us this Sept / Oct?

Currently on Maschine Studio - its taking up way too much deskspace and I am tempted to grab the MKIII however someone told me best hold off until Sept / Oct time as that is when hardware has been released in past.

Any thoughts appreciated

2. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

I don't think the MK3 will be replaced soon, my guess is that a Studio MK2 is next.

3. Deafkon

Deafkon NI Product Owner

Adding a new device ahead of pending software updates seems unlikely to me as it seems the current team is already stretched. My guess is if any new hardware hits the market, it will be after the software gets the updates promised and is throughly tested by current MK(nth) users.

4. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

I doubt the mk3 will be replaced anytime soon. I just wanted to chime in and say:
    • The next number after III is IV
    • NI doesn’t use Roman numerals anyway

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

If something is to come, it is a stand-alone Maschine (studio).
    Remember that it was read here for the first time.
    I now turn off my glass ball. So if you can suppress Western greed to buy something new, wait until October.
    If my glass ball was wrong, you can always decide to make a new purchase, whatever it may be. ;)

René

• Like Like x 1
  6. j.silva

j.silva NI Product Owner

As much as I love new gear, why have ANOTHER maschine controller (standalone or not) that will suffer from the SAME software limitations and lack of features we have been demanding (even fighting each other) on this forum for the past couple of years?

roflbot.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

Guess you must be new around here. NI ties software updates to hardware all the time. It's their MO. 2.0 was tied to the Machine Studio release (Machine Studio never worked and doesn't work with Maschine 1.x).

8. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

I think anyone expecting Maschine 3 to hit by October probably also believes a tsunami of amphetamines is going to hit Berlin anytime soon.................

• Like Like x 1
  9. j.silva

j.silva NI Product Owner

(What if) they drop Maschine 3.0 late this year? Does it matter if it's by itself or with a new controller? What matter is the features. And for me, I want more "DAWesque" features. If they give us what we really want, they can call it Windows 95 for all I care. JUST DO IT!!! (Shia LaBeouf.gif)

10. Deafkon

Deafkon NI Product Owner

And continuing that trend with current circumstances seems unwise. Besides, who said a full integer update? Only time will tell.