Solved Maschine+ Multiple line-in channels?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by BennyP, Jul 10, 2021.

1. BennyP

BennyP New Member

Hello NI Community. I'm looking for information / guidance on if or how it's possible to utilize the Maschine+'s single physical stereo line-in ports to somehow control multiple physical devices' audio out signals, independently? I see that in the channel menu, you can select from inputs sources of either 4x stereo or 8x mono(L/R) but I'm not certain how I can assign sources to those channels with the single physical stereo input source on the Maschine+ hardware.

I'd assume I will likely need an audio interface vs. just a standard analog mixer coming into the single stereo ports, but will the Maschine then just be able to know that the external sources are there and available and just work? I guess it's just not clear in my head how to assign sources to those variations of input sources? I've got multiple external hardware and would live to be able to treat up to that many devices as independent external audio sources all out of the box without the need for PC! I dug through the manual but didn't seem to see (unless I missed it) anything specifically talking about how to assign to the input sources. Currently I have to silence each device I'm not trying to record from to get an isolated signal, then do the same for each device until they're all either sampled or sequenced up, which works, but would be really nice to not have to do that if possible.

Thanks for any and all help!

2. BennyP

BennyP New Member

Wait wait wait.. I might have just found what I need in the M+ manual ;) Page 158 Audio Routing, may get me the answers I'm seeking.. Still love to hear if this works as I'm expecting though but hopefully this section will get me where I'm trying to go! Thanks.

3. Soak Pencil

Soak Pencil New Member

You can plug an audio interface via one of the usb ports and then map its input to maschine’s input in the audio settings.

By doing this you won’t be plugging things to the maschine line input but to your external audio interface, assuming that it works well with m+ (it has to be class compliant, most audio interfaces out there are or have a class compliant mode)

• Like Like x 1
  4. BennyP

BennyP New Member

Perfect, that's exactly what I need. Thank you! My wallet can't wait and neither can I!

5. darkwaves

darkwaves NI Product Owner

For what it's worth: I use a motu 8a with maschine plus. All the i/o is presented to maschine, but the inputs get a bit crush effect after a few minutes. I have to go into settings and reselect the interface for it to stop. It's fine for what I do, but would obviously be a problem if you someone wanted to play through maschine instead of just sampling.

It's not supported and I'm not holding my breath on a resolution; but the way the motu works would be a dream with m+. The routing, mixer, avb, etc.

6. Glenn Sweeney

Glenn Sweeney New Member

I use a umc1820 for Behringer works flawlessly.

7. BennyP

BennyP New Member

Was thinking about the Scarlett 18i8? Copy paste and on my phone so the font is what it is

8. Soak Pencil

Soak Pencil New Member

If you want one that’ll work for sure, look at the Komplete Audio ones

• Like Like x 1
  9. artur.brahms

artur.brahms New Member

Will the Behringer UMC still work after the update? Since the update, my Scarlett has had massive noises after 2-3 minutes of running time and is practically unusable!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alex Rodriguez

Alex Rodriguez New Member

I
    I recently got the Scarlett 18i8 to use an interface for the Plus. In theory it would be the perfect application for me and it set up flawlessly and routed how I needed it right away. Unfortunately after about a minute or so my sound goes completely distorted. If I try to load a project with the interface connected it can’t even playback without sounding like a broken speaker.

I really wish that this will be addressed sooner than later. I was stoked to see all the midi program changes that were implemented. Now if this was fixed I would have the near perfect live rig for gigging without using Ableton. Please address this in the next update I have gigs coming up and want to use this thing!

I also wish that it was possible to route the click output to the headphone cue. And be able to have an arm/record count in for external audio triggered via foot switch :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fabio Barbon

Fabio Barbon NI Product Owner

I am using my M+ daily since months with a Behringer X18 digital mixer (that doubles as a 18/18 channels USB audio interface, a very good one actually) without specific issues.
    I still experience frequent audio glitches, system crashes and sample drops on recorded audio, but I have these very same issues with the internal audio board, so I assume the X18 is not related to them

• Like Like x 2