Maschine Pads to Akai MPK MKII Mini

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Reo.w, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Reo.w

Reo.w NI Product Owner

i would like to know how to route the sounds on my Maschine group (in the software) to the individual pads on my Akai MPK MkII Mini.

sometimes i'm traveling & i can't bring the whole set up of my Maschine MK2 & keyboards (plus other stuff) & would like to just use the Akai's Mini to play keyboard parts, & the pads to make beats.. Does anyone have a real answer. in answer that is not comedy, but is real information.

would really appreciate, thanks in advance

2. terrybritton

terrybritton NI Product Owner

I had supposed that the pads on my Akai MPK249 keyboard had the same bank mappings as the MPC's that they were based on, and they work with Maschine right out of the box in Bank A. I'm surprised they do not do the same for you!
    Terry

3. Reo.w

Reo.w NI Product Owner

Ave Maria.. is this topic so difficult that NOBODY has a REAL answer..

4. schrage musik

schrage musik NI Product Owner

Tetchiness will get you everything you want (now, just wait while I go and find a 'sarcasm' emoticon).

• Like Like x 2
  5. THE WIDOWMAKER

THE WIDOWMAKER NI Product Owner

How hard can it be? Akai into laptop (I presume you use laptop) routed to maschine as a midi input.

Why don't you just do the normal thing and try it at home and see for yourself?

6. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

As it's so easy why bother asking the question? [Insert COMEDY joke here].

7. terrybritton

Ok, since you did not read into my implication, here it is straight.

You plug it in and all the pads work right out of the box if you set the MIDI in to "ALL".

Terry

• Like Like x 1
  8. Reo.w

Reo.w NI Product Owner

my creative brothers .. (especially schrage musik) i wasn't trying to be "sarcastic".. i just didn't think this was a difficult equation to solve. & i thought that being we're all on the same mission in this forum (to bang out some head bobbin' booty movin' cool ass sounds).. it would be like share & share alike.. & someone would have came to the rescue.

when i've had answers to what others sought out, i've been generous.. even made "How To" tutorials & posted it. & got a lot of thanks back..

the easy part of this equation was just plug in my MPK Mini, clicking "Preferences" & selecting it in MIDI, choosing a sound in the Maschine software.. pressing a key .. & Wa-lah.. on the keyboard the sound plays. i got that part. But the sounds on Maschine's pads do not auto-populate to the MPK Mini's pads. the 8 pads on the MPK Mini are only playing one sound in a scale. the same sound that's on the Keyboard. The pads are NOT playing the DIFFERENT sounds that are assigned on Maschine's software pads. & thats what i'm trying to accomplish. i downloaded the Akai editor.. & i'm going to mess with that until i get to the promise land :)

Years ago i did this in FL Studio.. by "Learning" the sounds to the pad's & saving the set ups. But this is a different Monster. it can't be done that way.

& its funny though.. where before there was non-voices echoing back any replies when i posted this question.
    Once i said something a few cat daddies didn't like the taste of (i.e. "Ave Maria.. is this topic so difficult that NOBODY has a REAL answer..")
    . it was like cheese in a mouse trap. & then there was a lot of sound. BUT STILL NO ANSWERS. & i'm not trying to be sarcastic..or offensive.. but i've usually had to come up with my own answers after posting a question here.. because too many come here in attack mode, practicing their comedy routines, instead of being cool & generous. But then what good is a forum.. if creative individuals are not willing to share & share alike..
    we're all trying to be creative right.. wrestling with this tech stuff is part of it.. but its aggravating .. Even Mozart would have pulled his hair out.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  9. terrybritton

Sorry, but I sincerely did think I was giving you the correct answer.

If your pads are not sending the notes out that trigger the pads as mine are (I have an MPK225 and an MPK249) you will need to edit the pads from the Akai, or change the notes corresponding to the pads inside Maschine to match those incoming notes. On both of mine, the A bank had all the same notes already that Maschine was set up for. The MPK225 is mapped to the first eight sounds (from its A bank), while the MPK249 is mapped to all sixteen. That's what I was going on when I gave you my answer.

Terry

10. Reo.w

Reo.w NI Product Owner

Thanks Terry.. i'm trying what you suggest.. right at this moment. i appreciate your answers & feedback. No "Sorry" is necessary

Some of the earlier version of the MPK series didn't auto-populate right out the box. but i think the MKII was designed to do that
    as you mentioned.

i have a few Big keyboards & controllers (i.e. M-Audio, & Roland) but i got this little baby to carry around in my back pocket.. coz iMaschine doesn't cut it for me. its good for taking notes.. but it has limitations

11. Reo.w

Reo.w NI Product Owner

@ Terry.. Got it. Thank you Bro.. that's what i'm talking about (share & share alike)

After i went into "Group" on Mashine.. Clicked "Input".. & then on the "MIDI" Source .. selected ALL.. it worked
    Now each Bank the A & the B have the Maschine's kit sounds auto-populating. Thanks for helping to solve the Mystery much appreciated. now i can get back to making music.. & i can blow the dust off this MPK & toss it in my backpack in the morning.

• Like Like x 2
  12. terrybritton

Excellent news! Good to hear! Enjoy it!
    Terry

13. Reo.w

Reo.w NI Product Owner

Yup, Yup .. will do
    Thanks for your help.. it made the difference

• Like Like x 1