Maschine Pattern Timing

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by djhhh, Mar 26, 2020 at 1:03 AM.

1. djhhh

djhhh NI Product Owner

I feel like the answer to this is so simple but I can't figure it out yet... I would sooooo appreciate anyone in the communities help!

When using Maschine as a plug in inside of Abelton, I would like the maschine pattern to start when I restart the loop in abelton. For whatever reason I can't figure out how to do this, I end up recording in Maschine and then need to chop it up in Abelton to get the timing right. Surely there is a way to start the the maschine pattern at 0 time anytime abelton begins? Hopefully this makes sense, and again thank anyone in advance!

2. AureVoir

AureVoir NI Product Owner

I think i understand you.

Maschine is not the master sequencer when being used as a plugin, its a slave. when you have a pattern within Maschine, it's limited to Ableton loop length before Maschines internal one. playback begins where Ableton Live says playback begins.

When you switch to using Maschine as a tool, not the canvas, you have to make a conscious choice to do things differently to be more effective.

3. THE WIDOWMAKER

THE WIDOWMAKER NI Product Owner

don't use ableton but you certainly should not have to chop up maschine patterns for timing, it should be in sync automatically if used as plugin

in cubase i can stop the audio, jump anywhere on my cubase timeline and maschine auto follows in beat and bar count to match the track

i wonder if i am understanding you or if the question is meant differently

4. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Be sure to be in Arranger view and to activate retrigger in sync parameter on the top tool bar in MAschine

5. djhhh

djhhh NI Product Owner

Ahhh, thank you gentleman, I've got it now! Much appreciated!

• Like Like x 1