1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

maschine & Remix decks

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by dj_eddie_gr, Dec 19, 2013.

1. dj_eddie_gr

dj_eddie_gr Forum Member

Can someone from NI post a visual representation of what the Mascine mapping ,for Remix Decks, can do? I'm buying a used Maschine MK1 today and I would like to know if NI's new mapping fits for me or ,should I go for my own. Thanks a lot.

2. djivobutnot

djivobutnot NI Product Owner

I came to the forum to ask the exactly same question. I already have Maschine MKI, but I am thinking about buying MK II, and if we have the two-way comunication between the Maschine controller and the remix decks I am sold. For using the Maschine alone, I don't need all the RGB lights and stuff, but for the remix decks... I just prefer the Maschine over F1.
    Actually, I already mapped my APC 20 for the remix decks, and I am really satisfied with the outcome. In my usual DJ/Live setup, the Maschine is in stand alone mode, swithed to step sequencer.
    So, the question is: What is the level of integration between the remix decks and the Maschine? (and the MK I vs MK II differences, of course!)

3. DigitalTiger

DigitalTiger New Member

As far as I can tell (so far) the "Maschine Mikro Mk2 Remix Decks" .TSI seems to map to my Maschine Mikro Mk 2 like it's a Mk 1, but it seems like it's not complete... with the added bonus of sending duplicate CC signals to the Track Decks in Traktor Pro 2.6.6 (I use the Novation Twitch as my primary controller). I was expecting the same HID level of control the F1 has (let's face it, if Native Instruments cannot make Maschine HID after a year, they're being obstinate and self-destructive) but I have yet to see this.

For now, I'm just going to assign my Remix Decks to my ReMOTE 25 SL Mk 2 pads and handle the Transport controls for the deck there and use Maschine 2.0 seperately. It is so frustrating that the people who make Traktor also make Maschine but they don't design them to work together.

I'd love to hear success stories and how to better approach this Maschine - Traktor conundrum.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013