1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

MASCHINE+ Roadmap - a message from the team

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mariana @ NI, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Mariana @ NI

Mariana @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi everyone!

I am reaching out to share a little about what we have been working on for MASCHINE+ and give a brief overview of the plans for the coming months.

Firstly, let me introduce myself: my name is Mariana and, for the last year or so, I've been leading the team who is working on the MASCHINE+ software.

It's been an exciting ride and we have put a lot of energy into building our own embedded technology to run MASCHINE, a range of NI Instruments, FX and Expansions, as well as Native Access to manage it all. When getting their units, users had already an update available that included support for class-compliant audio interfaces, as well as several other stability and quality-of-life improvements.

We are thrilled to see all of the positive reactions from people who have been waiting so long to take their MASCHINE workflow away from the computer. On the other hand, we are sorry to hear whenever someone reports a crash or bug that got in the way of their musical flow. We definitely don't want to see this happen, and that is why our main priority at the moment is to make sure that MASCHINE+ is stable and that you can count on it in any situation.

We are already testing a new update that has a few bug fixes and stability improvements, and we expect to release this in the coming weeks. MASCHINE+ owners will be notified via email when the update is available and can update directly on the device in SETTINGS > SYSTEM.

In addition to Stability, the following topics are at the top of our list for upcoming releases:

• Plug-in Updates: update to the latest versions of plug-ins such as KONTAKT and REAKTOR over the air.
    • Support for External USB Storage Devices: connect via USB to access Samples and Projects.
    • Support for KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2, A-Series and M32 Keyboards: use the full capabilities of KOMPLETE KONTROL keyboards when connected to MASCHINE+ via USB. We are aware that many of you are also interested in using MASCHINE JAM and we hope to support that too!
    • Additional Instruments & FX: support for additional NI Instruments & FX. The selections will be based on demand and feasibility.

It is worth noting that the information here is based on what we plan and know today and might be subject to change as things develop. There are several other things that we know people would love to see in MASCHINE+ (and us too!). To prioritise these, we will keep an eye on two things: the wishes of our customers and the feasibility of each feature.

I hope you find this information useful! I apologise in advance that I won't be able to answer all reactions to this post or others (especially this week since I will be on vacation). But you can be sure that we are doing all we can to hear your thoughts and wishes, both in this forum and in other communities.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to shipping the MASCHINE+ updates to you soon!

• Like Like x 17
    • Informative Informative x 4
  2. Walt Collins

Walt Collins NI Product Owner

No support for Maschine+ via KKS Mk1 keyboards?

• Like Like x 1
  3. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

cool. keep on rockin in the free world.

4. olafmol

olafmol NI Product Owner

tnx for the update Mariana and team! Congrats with the release of M+, it's a great milestone, and myself as a (new) MK3 user am looking forward to see the synergies between M+ and MK3 come to fruition :)

5. Joc

Joc NI Product Owner

Hi Mariana, I must say that you and your team are doing a fantastic job and what a job to have!

I purchased my M+ at the weekend, as a first time Machine user, and so far I am really impressed. Have had no crashes to speak of, just really having a ball learning my way around.

The coming updates are really welcome too.

6. bambz

bambz New Member

Thanks for the update Mariana! So glad to see stability as the top priority. Feels so good to be heard as a user :)

7. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

What about sounds.com support?

• Like Like x 2
  8. ech-OS

ech-OS NI Product Owner

Thank you so much for the updates! Really looking forward to additional effects and instruments, as well as the potential maschine jam support.

You mention that instrument/fx selections, as well as general feature additions will be based on feasibility and demand. What's the best place for us to voice support for some feature or instrument? Since we don't have a Maschine+ specific forum or feature request thread, it's unclear to me where those should go. Apologies if the correct spot already exists but flew under my radar; I'm new here. With that being said, if such a place already does exist, perhaps something could be done to make it more visible?

• Like Like x 1
  9. fmq

fmq NI Product Owner

There is a feature request thread but get's buried quickly here if no one post.Maybe someone want to make it sticky? https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/maschine-feature-request.430407/

• Like Like x 2
  10. ech-OS

ech-OS NI Product Owner

Yeah a sticky would be nice.

11. Jumbuktu

Jumbuktu NI Product Owner

Have to echo the congratulations to the Maschine+ team on getting this out. So good to have a real person (and the actual Team Leader!) prepared to put themselves out on the forum.
    I had a Mk1 Maschine a few years ago and ended up selling it because I wasn't using it much. Untethering Maschine from the computer has made it really fun and actually less confusing than the full version. For me, the main features I'd like to see will be ability to read from an external HD and then if it can be done the ability to bring in some of my 3rd party Kontakt instruments (mainly the Soniccouture ones).

12. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  13. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up.

14. eclipxe

eclipxe NI Product Owner

Definitely want to see sounds.com support!

15. echo opera

echo opera New Member

Keep up the great work. Really loving the Maschine+
    Looking forward to evolving with this wonderful instrument.

16. djadidai

djadidai NI Product Owner

Pleeeeeease make JAM work with M+! I can’t think of anything else that would make me happier. Performing live without a JAM is like defending in icehockey without a stick! JAM is such an important piece of hw to complement my M+, and Mk2 both for live performance and workflow when creating. It’s hard for me to understand why my JAM isn’t working with M+, but my old akai mpk mini (first version) does. Please please pleeeaaaase make jam work with M+!!

• Like Like x 4
  17. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

Because most of the NI hardware isn’t class compliant and very few has true standalone midi mode (like s2 mk3) so it requires a dedicated driver for work. The good side of that is NI can do it if they want (or find a justification for that) meanwhile iPad users can take a chair waiting for something like that (from F1 to Maschine-whatever). Audio class compliant is featured in some but midi nope... so M+ gets any class compliant (audio/midi it seems) but not the own ecosystem hardware non-class compliant without that bit of code.

I hope NI fixes almost the side they can (add class compliant to non-designed in first place as compliant could be possible if the chips involved are suitable for but it isn’t just coding... mk1 hardware hadn’t compliant chips so these will require a driver even updating the internal firmware. Examples of that that possibility are audio6/10dj which gained class compliant with a firmware update/upgrade).

I hope it helps to understand a bit more how it works and if I’m wrong Ni please point it to me but almost clear these things for your user base which deserves that feedback from its loyalty IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ultradb

Ultradb New Member

Been using Maschine + since day one. Despite ocasional bugs and crashes I truly love it. The best purchase I've made in a couple of years (and I purchase a lot)
    I'm glad to see this thread and know that it's all in development, I hope it stays that way and Maschine will be improving more and more. So many things can be done
    Thank you NI and Mariana

19. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass NI Product Owner

Mariana @ NI

Super Charger and Replika please!

Mine gets in tomorrow and I am super excited. However, I won't be able to open up any of old projects with rectifying the fact that they all have Replika and Super Charger sprinkled throughout. I think they are my favorite NI FX plugins, I use on every project.

20. LincolnBanks

LincolnBanks NI Product Owner

MIDI CLIP IMPORT

• Like Like x 2