1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Solved Maschine Software (2.7.10) loading takes 1-hour or more

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Jokey Mason, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Jokey Mason

Jokey Mason New Member

Hello! Have any of you experienced an issue with Maschine software (2.7.10) taking literally 30 minutes to 1hour o startup?

Its stays on the Status: 'Waiting for product scan' 30-45 minutes then another 15 minutes to load everything else. When the program finally loads (I usually just leave it overnight) when I save a project, it takes another 15 minutes to complete. It just started doing this over the past week, progressively getting longer and longer.

I reinstalled Maschine from Native Access 4 times and rebooted, but still no luck. Running on 10.13 High Sierra on a brand new iMac.

Hoping I don't have to wipe everything completely and reinstall all my plugins,etc.

Appreciate any support or tips!

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

I'm not on Mac but have you tonns of plugins and user samples or on startup you see the plugin it actually loads is there one specific it hangs or is it on every one 2 minutes?

Uwe

3. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

Verify that scan on power is on.
    If so, then turn it off.

checkscan.PNG

René

4. hi-d-ho-man

hi-d-ho-man NI Product Owner

I believe there an uncheck for the plug-ins too

5. René must be Unique

Yes there is, but then you indicate that the latest version of a plug-in must be used.

6. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

A scan shouldn't ever take one hour even on a very slow computer. Do you have an absurd amount of custom User libraries on something slow like an external mechanical HD or something?

7. Jokey Mason

Jokey Mason New Member

Thanks everyone for your replies. NI support is useless, BTW. I find it fascinating that yuou can have a multi-million dollar, international corporation who rely on the community to do their
    tech support. It's b.s.

- The Library and Plugin scan on startup are not checked
    - I have good amount of user libraries on an external drive, but I've had this current number and same dirve for the last 3 years without any issues. I unmounted the external drive and have the same problem.

The only thing I can think of is I that I upgraded to Komplete 12 2-weeks ago. However, I didn't have any issues after the upgrade, the software load/starup process just got progressively worse over the last week.

Here's the timing -
    - click the software icon - takes 15 minutes to get to the Maschine splash screen to appear
    - 30-45 minutes for the 'Waiting for product scan'
    - Another 10-15 minutes before the software finally renders and is ready to go
    - If i hit save, I get the beach ball for 5-10 minutes, then it saves

Again, this is a brand new iMac (2-months old), plenty of disk space, fast processor, 16GB of RAM. I only use this computer for music. I've used Maschine since 2013 and never had this issue...

Since reinstalling won't work, I guess I'll have to wipe the computer and reinstall everything. :-(

Tim

8. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I think Maschine auto scans non-user library content and all plugins at startup, do you have a lot of 3rd party plugins?
    One could be conflicting and halting the startup process, i would temporarily move all VST/AU outside of the default location to see if it makes a difference.

9. René must be Unique

Before you reinstall, you can also try to delete the DATABASE files, and then have a new database created by starting Maschine. Do not have a Mac myself, so do not know where these files are on the mac.

René

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jokey Mason

Jokey Mason New Member

Thank you René must be Unique and D-One! I'll try and recreate the database. I also just reinstalled ALL of my native instruments plugins via Native Access, just in case. Will give it another shot today.
    Cheers,
    Tim

11. aboxclaude

aboxclaude NI Product Owner

I find the database re-build is the easiest way to go. And also, just rename your VST plugin folder to see if there is a plugin that's causing the problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Jokey Mason

Jokey Mason New Member

René must be Unique and aboxclaude THAT WAS IT!! I deleted the db3 files in the Applications Support/Native Instruments/Maschine 2/ folder and that worked! I guess the database was corrupted. It opened up in 10 seconds! Now it's just rebuilding the db.

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. aboxclaude

aboxclaude NI Product Owner

You are welcome, man! It happened to me once and it drove me #@!@# crazy

14. RPG-H8R

RPG-H8R NI Product Owner

Just to be precise, which of the files need to be deleted in order to rebuild the database? I don't seem to have any db3 files in that folder...