1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Maschine+ Stuck on Update Screen When Booting

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by oldyella, Nov 8, 2020.

1. oldyella

oldyella NI Product Owner

After happily working for the last two weeks with the Maschine+ a problem arose this morning - when I switch on the Maschine+ it goes straight to a screen saying that there is an update but when selecting to install it says that "No Updates Have Been Found" and the only three options I have are to Restart, Shut Down or Retry.

Retry returns the same message, Restart takes me back to the same screen and Shut Down, well, shuts down only to take me back to the same screen upon switching on again.

I have tried with and without the SD card inserted and found that it works in Controller Mode when connected to the PC but not standalone as I can't get past this screen!

Has anyone else had this and managed to resolve? I've opened a support ticket but I was hoping someone might know a fix? It makes me concerned that something has gone wrong internally.

2. Walt Collins

Walt Collins NI Product Owner

I've not seen this.

3. oldyella

Well I've still not got a fix as support hasn't replied. I'm hoping that it is a simple thing like holding down a combination of buttons to bypass this screen or somehow hard resetting the unit to factory but as it stands I've currently a very expensive MK3.

4. Jeremy @ NI

Jeremy @ NI Support Team NI Team

hey oldyella,
    Can you send me your request number by direct message ?

5. Skid Vis

Skid Vis New Member

Was there a resolution to this? Mine is doing the same thing now.

6. oldyella

Unfortunately I had to return the unit to the vendor and they sent it off to NI. In the end there was no fix and I was shipped another unit after a week.

NI themselves told me to return it.

7. SunkenForest

SunkenForest NI Product Owner

Just found this thread off the back of my most recent post. My unit has also ended up in this position this morning.

8. twhiti200

twhiti200 New Member

Any update with this issue ? I have a ticket in , but have not heard anything since January 20th.

9. SunkenForest

SunkenForest NI Product Owner

I'll send you a PM with the file I was provided with that fixed my bootloop issue.

10. Jeremy @ NI

Hey twihiti, can you give me your ticket number by private message ? We'll look into it.

11. Rexallmighty

Rexallmighty New Member

Can you send me the file?

12. Jorge Ortiz

Jorge Ortiz New Member

I´m having the same problem since yesterday. I really need to solve this problem. I have a ticket in.

13. Jorge Ortiz

Jorge Ortiz New Member

Thank you very much, problem solved.

14. olafmol

olafmol NI Product Owner

how? might be helpful for other people

• Like Like x 2
  15. Steven Shelby

Steven Shelby New Member

I am now having this same issue where it is stuck on the screen. What is the solution for this?

16. Steven Shelby

Steven Shelby New Member

What did you do to fix you Maschine +

17. Jeremy @ NI

HEy Steven,
    For these issues please get in touch with my colleagues by submitting a request in this typeform : http://bit.ly/NIsupport_maschine

18. Stefan Schmitz

Stefan Schmitz New Member

Hi SunkenForest. Would you be so kind to send me the file you mentioned to fix the bootup issue of the Maschine+? I got this problem too with my Maschine+ arrived today. Thanks in advance an greetings, Stefan

19. Jeremy @ NI

Hey Stefan, I would really recommend to contact my colleagues here about your issue : http://bit.ly/NIsupport_maschine

20. Stefan Schmitz

Stefan Schmitz New Member

Hey Jeremy,
    I placed my Maschine+ request (2705336).
    I thought maybe it would go faster.
    I am sitting in front of my brand new Maschine and can't use it standalone as it's supposed to be.
    I think I am not the only one with this problem.
    Would be nice to add a solution to your database.