MASCHINE STUDIO Is Not Recognized after Updating Windows 10

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Toby @ NI, Feb 14, 2019.

1. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

I find it incredibly strange that there's anything specific about the Studio drivers that makes it problematic vs the Mk III drivers.

2. van Grieg

van Grieg NI Product Owner

They probably aren’t using the loopholes they used when they wrote the Studio driver.

3. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Stop answering questions with new questions rather than give answers. Secondtime that has happened.

The answer was "not" anyway.

4. TRW

TRW NI Product Owner

I've got the same issue, removed the updates till 13/2/19 and disabled the updates, after a day windows updated (really? yeah, really, after disabling the updates) and after doing this 2 times it still works, until windows just updates when I reboot.
    This also counts for the Komplete keyboards. After a few years of using these controllers I really hate I didn't have the money to buy a real hardware synth/station.
    F'ing software issues, every time, and they just don't get fixed, thanks a lot for that Native Instruments).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. CakeAlexS

That's why people like me use Windows Pro. Still working, I can freeze updates if necessary (group policy). Sorry to bang on about it but if people are serious about their systems make sure their OS is capable, and learn to configure group policy for Windows update.

6. backbeat2

backbeat2 NI Product Owner

Same problem here too.
    But Maschine Studio and Komplete Kontrol MK1 is recocnized as USB HID :
    uSB HID-KK MK1.jpg
    uSB HID-maschine.jpg

7. backbeat2

backbeat2 NI Product Owner

Every time the HID Driver is deleted it is installed automatically.
    This is the main problem that maschine and komplete kontrol is recognized as HID compliand device
    SystemManager problem.jpg

8. Michael Maurer

Michael Maurer New Member

I am also suffering from this issue and I found out too late that it's related to the windows update so I cannot uninstall it. Now I am stuck!
    There was an update for Maschine but that has not fixed the issue. Is there really no work around?

• Like Like x 1
  9. RudeGullit

RudeGullit NI Product Owner

It is just plain bad that there is no communication on this. I'm glad I found out in time that I can disable the update. After that I disconnected my computer from the internet. Which works fine for now, but in the long run will be a PITA.

I am missing the latest Ableton update for example, and I would like to use the new automation shapes. (Pay attention NI!)

Really bad that there is no communciation from NI.

Also really strange that the "big update" to 2.8 is mentioned nowhere, no videos on YouTube, just a lot of users complaining about stuff not working on this forum. No reaction whatsoever. I really sucks for those that have to do shows and have failing hardware at the moment.

I'm not updating anything any time soon. I'll wait it out till there is some reassurance here that everything works and stays that way.

So, I get that things can go sideways, but at the same time I expect some communicaiton from NI.

• Like Like x 2
  10. CakeAlexS

Smug grin wiped off my face today as those security updates got installed.
    Ni's workaround worked absolutely fine, and I've got updates paused for 30 days via group policy, I would hope it is all resolved by then.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Toby @ NI

Toby @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi Scott,

This release hasn't fixed the issue with Maschine Studio because it is completely out of our hands, the issue is not in our code base but in Microsoft's. We are reaching out to them regularly to try and get some information, but so far we haven't heard back. I know this ins't what you want to hear but believe me, this is a priority for us right now and we're doing everything we can to solve it.

Thanks,

Toby

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. CakeAlexS

My question is why are driver's working for other NI hardware? Perhaps you are using an obsolete MS library? Do your drivers build without warnings on the latest Visual Studio (or whatever you use ?).

13. CakeAlexS

BEFORE YOU READ THIS - DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU BACKUP AND KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING. I SAY AGAIN DO NOT DO THIS!!! THIS IS FOR NATIVE INSTRUMENTS.

Anyway I am running Windows 10 with fully working Maschine Studio drivers (without the patches installed). So for fun I tried the MS driver verifier tool as stated here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/363500/why-you-shouldnt-use-the-driver-verifier-in-windows-10/

Predictably it crashed as I selected ALL drivers, and what do you know... the very first driver was NIWinCDEmu.sys (any idea what this exact driver is? Obviously not the Studio) which shows this via BlueScreenView utility.

I then needed to recover via safe mode as Windows would not boot (again predictable, see link).

Perhaps your QA could use the verifier tool on every single NI driver, select each one by one and reboot, and report your results to Devs. I just did this one and look what I came up with. I don't think this is good situation!

BTW If you need the dump file please message me, although you are more than likely to be able to create your own. Thanks.

EDIT.

Seems like this NIWinCDEmu.sys driver is for opening ISO's. Can I get rid of it? I notice the driver metadata is not complete, does not show provider details OR version.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. lkmofo

lkmofo New Member

:(
    Hope it goes well, but if not.

Any chance we could get trade in bonuses? I'd take a MK3 and you can have my studio for a percentage off?

15. Cheekyblinder

Cheekyblinder New Member

Percentage off?? I paid a premium for my maschine studio with the expectation that it would work for the foreseeable future. It was not so long ago that this was the flagship Maschine device. It is well looked after and immaculate condition with a decksaver dust cover which was fairly expensive in itself. I would want a straight swap for a mk3 which is cheaper than the price I paid for studio. Then, there is the my Traktor S4 Mk2 also. I imagine there is some out there who own all of the products which have been effected. That is quite a hit. Goes to show that as consumers we shouldn't have brand loyalty or have all eggs in one basket.

I question if Microsoft really cares about sorting this issue out promptly or even at all.

• Like Like x 3
  16. van Grieg

van Grieg NI Product Owner

They usually do. But how fast - that depends. If it’s just a couple of MIDI keyboards, I’d say they have higher priorities.

Then it’s not clear if there’s anything to fix on their side even.

17. Cheekyblinder

Cheekyblinder New Member

Hope you're right Van Grieg...

18. CakeAlexS

I question why all NI controllers are working fine apart from three of them. What makes them so unique?

• Like Like x 1
  19. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

That's my point of interest as well.

20. lkmofo

lkmofo New Member

I feel your pain buddy, same here. I think we all deserve MK3's on the house.

• Like Like x 1