MASCHINE STUDIO Is Not Recognized after Updating Windows 10

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Toby @ NI, Feb 14, 2019.

1. backbeat2

backbeat2 NI Product Owner

The most people that bought maschine studio believe now that NI is working on best marketing to sell new stuff and never look back...

But I think that they work on this problem and will fix it...

Hopefully they work on new features in maschine rather that just focus on sound.com ....

2. van Grieg

van Grieg NI Product Owner

Just like those that bought every other piece of NI hardware.

Maybe the work on the problem but according to what they’ve said - no, they aren’t. They told Microsoft about the issue and claim it’s out of their hands now.

3. backbeat2

They could use a new hardware ID for Maschine Studio so the drivers could work.
    NI can make a firmware update for studio that has a new hardware id so the driver problem with HID Keyboard Device is solved.

Hopefully they fix that if microsoft does not...

4. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

It's not going to be that simple.
    They is clearly an issue with their drivers code, probably hooking into obsolete MS code. I would expect other drivers to fail otherwise.

5. RudeGullit

RudeGullit NI Product Owner

That's like a plugin by Waves not working in Maschine after a Maschine update and Waves saying that it's out of their hands. They've contacted Native Instruments.

o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. toneyrome

toneyrome NI Product Owner

Did yiu just say the Studio is now inKompatable with Windows 10?

7. backbeat2

No after the Windows KB Update Maschine Studio is recognized wrong as a HID Input device.
    If you uninstall the Microsoft Windows 10 update (update KB4487017) all is fine...

8. toneyrome

toneyrome NI Product Owner

I was joking with the spelling of compati... never mind, explaining a joke means it wasnt fumny.

• Like Like x 1
  9. lkmofo

lkmofo New Member

I agree 100%.

• Like Like x 3
  10. ScottK

ScottK NI Product Owner

I also agree - They can send out loads of emails to advertise new and existing products (even if they are broke) but can't take the time to send out any emails to advise users of the issue and update them on progress, Instead the users have to search for a resolution (many after spending hours/days going through all the normal troubleshooting routines)
    Profit before people !!

• Like Like x 2
  11. CakeAlexS

That's because half of Maschine Studio users prob. lay dormant. Trigger us and the terror cell becomes active ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Studio dormant 2 logs on to the service

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. ScottK

ScottK NI Product Owner

Codename = Paperweight

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. _MusicMan_

_MusicMan_ NI Product Owner

Is it fixed yet?

15. charodeyjeddy

charodeyjeddy New Member

No... Everybody just waiting, but nobody promise to fix it. (we dont have officially comments from MS or NI about fix)'cose nobody know what couse is ) It's just a hope 2 get fix soon and get back to the music making )

16. CakeAlexS

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Culubrus

Culubrus NI Product Owner

****! I have w7 and I also have that problem. And I take this opportunity to say please implement a ******* tempo line !!!

18. dazeja

dazeja NI Product Owner

Guys, this doesn't just happen with NI, windows updates can screw up all kinds of things. The big one last year screwed up my Soundcraft drivers for a month. Using external gear with a PC is the main reason I have automatic updates turned off. I have this latest update paused until April.

19. van Grieg

van Grieg NI Product Owner

I have one personal laptop and one company-issued, domain-controlled one, with deferred updates on semi-annual schedule, with some updates delayed longer than that schedule. They have almost identical hardware inside, same CPU, same memory, same graphics controller, except the personal one is 4K vs 2K on the company one.

I can say with full certainty that the one that auto-updates performs miles better. It’s faster, battery lasts longer despite higher resolution even, and, maybe counterintuitively, it works better with external hardware.

So I can’t agree that turning off updates is a good solution.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Howl

Howl NI Product Owner

it's off topic; but i have also problems with a small amount of waves plugins (e.g. H6 Eq) that do not work within maschine. so it is a known issue...