MASCHINE STUDIO Is Not Recognized after Updating Windows 10

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Toby @ NI, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yes and also side chaining does not work with waves at all but in that case think it's not a native issue cause other plugins work - even if both sides are theoretically able to fix it

2. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

I agree however updates are NOT being turned off. They are being PAUSED for 30 days. The reason M$ supplied this feature is for these sort of scenenarios.

Delaying non critical updates reduces the possibility of things going wrong, which is the main priority for companies (it's also my priority as well). They are less concerned about getting your PC to perform bleeding edge. If you were to run an offline performance test you will find the difference to be negligible.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  3. RudeGullit

RudeGullit NI Product Owner

You should contact Native Instruments to fix that! ;)

4. CakeAlexS

Waves is the first port of call here, it's their plugins, if there is something wrong with Maschine then Waves should contact NI on behalf of the customer.

5. Cheekyblinder

Cheekyblinder New Member

Even if you ask NI they will say that it is down to Microsoft, Apple, Samsung or the price of oranges. It is out of their hands.

Can we stay on topic please?

Any update today from NI/Microsoft?
    I have set a target for the 5th of March and then I am throwing a ton of money at Serato and selling my NI gear.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CakeAlexS

They are likely going to be at least another 2 weeks minumum I suspect, that's when windows unpauses itself anyway. Your update is likely to be when it is fixed, they aren't going to waste time giving you a running commentry whilst they are fixing it.

I will start moaning officially from 19th March myself, that is more than a reasonable amount of time.

7. lkmofo

lkmofo New Member

Why not? They waste plenty of time sending me emails advertising new hardware and expansion packs. Haha

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. dazeja

dazeja NI Product Owner

This is exactly what I was saying. Usually all bugs get ironed out in a month. I do the same thing with my music gear. If Maschine has a major update on Friday and I know I have a gig that Saturday, why in the hell would I update and take the chance of something going wrong, I always wait until I get back home and have the time to trouble shoot if needed. Either way, me pausing this update saved me big time as I’m not having any problems with studio being recognized.

9. Cheekyblinder

Cheekyblinder New Member

I haven't heard anything about timescales or is that just speculation? We haven't even heard it it is going to be fixed at all.

10. CakeAlexS

Speculation.
    You won't.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. lkmofo

lkmofo New Member

Silver lining for me is that my mouse mat fits perfectly on top of my maschine studio so it's ultra comfy for my wrist now. 100% improved my workflow.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. van Grieg

van Grieg NI Product Owner

A little expensive for a mat holder but hey, if it works, it works!

13. dazeja

dazeja NI Product Owner

No, I was talking about ,"in general" not this particular issue. I have no idea what's happening with this issue. If it's not fixed within this month MS also gives you the option to "Defer" this update or schedule it for a time WAY in the future. That's what I will do until I come on here and see that its fixed.

14. _MusicMan_

_MusicMan_ NI Product Owner

I think they promise 35 days. In my case, I don't have to worry about forgetting to set the automatic updating back to 'normal'.
    I can't turn it off! It stays put for 2 days, then it tries to force the same damn update on me again. I've rolled back 3 times...a pita.
    Now I don't shut Win10 off. I let the computer stay on 24hrs/day.

15. Alexmci

Alexmci NI Product Owner

Is it not possible for you to go into Services, Advanced then disable Windows update.
    This is what I have done. Will turn it back on when it's fixed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

16. _MusicMan_

_MusicMan_ NI Product Owner

Yes, last time I did that in Services/Disable Win Update, and also at the same time in Settings/Win update set to Pause/Update.
    2 days later the update nag was on again....grrrr

17. CakeAlexS

Just pause it, do not disable or go into services (unless you want to unpause it prematurely, windows 10 will just reenble if you do that - don't ).

18. oldgit

oldgit NI Product Owner

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS FIX THIS NOW

19. oldgit

oldgit NI Product Owner

20. oldgit

oldgit NI Product Owner

I HAVE A STUDIO FULL OF EXPENSIVE KIT THAT IS NOT WORKING AND TWO IMPORTANT GIGS THIS WEEKEND. THE SITUATION IS NOT GOOD AND YOUR RESPONSE DOES NOT HELP