1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

MASCHINE STUDIO Is Not Recognized after Updating Windows 10

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Toby @ NI, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Toby @ NI

Toby @ NI NI Product Owner

Oh man! I'm sorry to hear that! But I hope the guys go well regardless!

2. lkmofo

lkmofo New Member

Word up!!! This is good news, thanks for keeping us in the loop. Have a good weekend. ☮️

3. oldgit

oldgit NI Product Owner

Thanks, hope so too, I have my I-phone Z1 set up if all else fails. This is not how I want to work, I want to have total confidence it the kit I am using. Having a Komplete keyboard and Maschine Studio has not helped. Anyway thanks for you update and best of luck with Microsoft

4. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

I just want to say thanks to NI staff for communication it is much appreciated. Credit is due. See sometimes I can be reasonable ;) But honestly thanks this is exactly what we want.

• Like Like x 2
  5. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

Glad to read this but i have to imagine with a behemoth like MS, a bug that for all we know only affects a couple of a single company's products isn't going to be high priority.

BTW this is exhibit A of why there has been a move away from computers for music making.. yeah your gear can wear out over a long timeframe but a windows update will never make your stuff useless.

• Like Like x 4
  6. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

i think i only have 6 more days until Microsoft forces the update on me, as i have the Home edition of Windows 10, like a chump

7. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

With this official Microsoft tool you can hide the update so it will not be reinstalled.

8. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

thank you, i will check that out!

9. Mo'Roc Levy

Mo'Roc Levy New Member

I can no longer see the update to delete it anymore. I did it a couple of times but it always went back. Now I don't even see it anymore.:(:(:(

10. Smells BS

Smells BS New Member

this is costing me money who do i send the bill two for 3 weeks of lost revenue.... had two cancel afew studio sessions that pay my bills. mean while NI still selling pluggins and spamming my email box with great deals... removing the updates only works for 2 days. if you dont turn pc off. even then it will still update if your pc goes into sleep mode. i have machine jam as well and it is not recogized after the 12/2/19. update.
    i have two say that this is pathetic. almost a month now. tik toc .... NI....[NOT IMPRESSED]

• Like Like x 1
  11. CakeAlexS

If this is costing you so much money why don't you read the thread and upgrade to Win Pro?

12. Smells BS

Smells BS New Member

If this is costing you so much money why don't you read the thread and upgrade to Win Pro?

windows 10 pro $399AU to upgrade. from win 10 home... for a os thats 5 years old it has more bugs than a lamp post in the dead of night. best you keep two fighting washroom crime.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  13. CakeAlexS

So get a Mac then! o_O

14. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

Win 10 Pro OEM - look at eBay - really 400 bugs? In Germany you get it for 5 euros and the key works have bought severals. And I'm sure that in your country you also can get it on eBay.

Uwe

15. teqnotic

teqnotic New Member

Toby @ NI
    - Any response from the Microsoft support team? Hopefully the issue has been elevated to critical status

16. backbeat2

backbeat2 NI Product Owner

Today finally an email from NI that describes the proleblm and has the known solutions.:thumbsup:

17. lkmofo

lkmofo New Member

I'm not sure we all have a bank account like yours, being a professional crime fighter must pay well. :rolleyes:

18. Mo'Roc Levy

Mo'Roc Levy New Member

Is anyone seeing any progress yet? This is ridiculous.:mad::mad::mad:

19. Curtisnielsenii

Curtisnielsenii New Member

Waiting on this. I can't believe how long its been :[

20. lkmofo

lkmofo New Member

Hi, NI team any update or is it all quite on the western front?

Ps, will it be fixed before this deal ends on the 13th of March? Screenshot_20190305-175354.png

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019