1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Maschine Studio Mackie Control - Plugin Parameters?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by ness, Jun 19, 2015.

1. ness

ness New Member

Well, maybe I'm just to dumb for this or I understand something completely wrong - but how the hell is it possible to control plugin parameters from Maschine Studio while in Mackie mode in Logic Pro X? I see the first 8 params of a plugin but how can I reach the other ones?
    To make myself understandable, I attached an image - shot of monark parameters - say I want to control the Cutoff - how would I go there?
    monark-example.jpg Anybody knows about some good easy to follow tutorials on this (can't find any on the wide internet... ) ?

2. pspiralife

pspiralife New Member

Did you find an answer?

3. ness

ness New Member

Nope, not really. But I don't use Maschine anymore for controlling Logic, bought a Nektar Panorama P4 and I'm ******* happy with it. ;)

4. Baguio

Baguio NI Product Owner

I ran into this same question tonight. It took a few hours of searching, finding nothing, then fiddling around determined to get it - and I did.

To control the channel EQ:

1. Make sure you are in any of the groups from A-D.
    2. Press key 13 (Semitone -) 1-2 times until the EQ opens up. You will see the knobs mapped to the low cutoff and low shelf controls.
    3. Switch to Group E.
    4. For some reason, the first time in every session, I need to press button 10 twice, to toggle it on, then off. The Note Repeat button will also toggle on and off.
    5. You can now use buttons 9 (move left) and 11 (move right) to select which parameters you are controlling.

To control the instrument:
    Use the same as above, except press key 14 (Semitone +) to toggle open instrument.

To control channel plugins:
    To open the plug ins, use key 12 (Paste), but this only seems to work if you have the instrument already opened by pressing 14. Some bug, I guess.
    Once that is done, use the 9 and 11 buttons exactly as before to change parameters. Use the 14 and 6 buttons to move up and down the plugin stack, respectively.

I did notice that after a while of using it, it would suddenly stop working. I found that by pressing SHIFT-Control twice to move into native mode then back to MIDI mode restored functionality, but the display would not show which parameters were being edited, so it was fairly useless. I'll update this thread if I find a fix for that.

Hope this helps you.