Maschine Template For Ableton Drum Racks and Instruments! (file inside)

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Menthal, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Menthal

Menthal New Member

If you want to use Maschine as a normal Midi Controller to fire Drum Racks and use Ableton Instruments, download the following file:

Ableton_Maschine.zip - 0.00MB

1-Load the 'Ableton Midi File' in to Maschine trough the Controller Editor
    2-Copy the 'User Configuration' file in to the User Configurations Folder in Ableton Live
    3-Start Ableton Live and Choose: Preferences...Midi Sync...Select:Machine DrumRack from the Drop down Menu and choose 'Maschine Controller' Input and Output - Activate The Remote Midi Port

Now you can control Drum Racks and Ableton Instruments !
    Groups trigger notes cromatically and the 8 knobs are instantenely mapped to the 8 ableton macros.

2. Isortek

Isortek NI Product Owner

I'm not finding a user config folder in my Live folder. Is it burried in some sub directory? I'm using Live 8 on pc.

3. Menthal

Menthal New Member

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Ableton\Live 8.1\Preferences\User Remote Scripts

It's hidden in the preference folder..

4. pawcut

pawcut NI Product Owner

hmmm , is this for pc or mac ?
    @ isortec , normally the ctrl surface folder (this case : maschine drum rack) is supposed to be copied to ...live 8/resources / midi remote scripts..... at least if this is a pc version ....+ im on old school xp
    gonna try tmr, btw are the macros mapped for all ableton devices like effects as well ?

-------
    ouups parrallel post

5. apesong

apesong NI Product Owner

So this will "auto-map" to any 8 macros in focus, or only those associated with the DrumRacks instrument rack? Should work either way, no?

6. Menthal

Menthal New Member

It will map to any 8 macros in focus...;)
    The files are for pc (but i guess the files are the same for mac)

7. Isortek

Isortek NI Product Owner

I got it up and going. Nice template, looks like it will do what I need atm. You saved me some hours creating a new one from scratch. Thank you, nice work

8. noiserot

noiserot Forum Member

9. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

10. Menthal

Menthal New Member

i discovered now the fragmented template. It's really good because it maps knobs also to volumes, sends, etc. But i had to change the pads midi channel (from 1 to 2) to make them work in ableton. I think the first channel is used from the script to trigger clips with the automap.

11. noiserot

noiserot Forum Member

Actually, the fragmented script uses the pads for Live's Drum Rack. Group A's pads are always mapped to whichever 16 pads are in focus in drum rack. The other Groups go chromatically up always with C on pad one.

12. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

bump

anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.