1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Maschine templates

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by TechnoG0D, Mar 12, 2009.

1. NiDBiLD

NiDBiLD New Member

Chances are pretty slim NI will answer you here on the boards. They're not known for being very good at this.

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Why are the Downloads not working NATIVE

3. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

If you mean an MCU Template, i made one, must be somewhere here, but if you have kontrol keyboard you can´t use it cause
    cubase does not allow two MCU devices at the same time.

Uwe

4. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

I own Maschine and Komplete 61 also MPC2500 and Nektar P6.. I looked for your zip file but the download expired... Do you have 8.5?

5. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Hope this one worksfor you

Attached Files:

6. certifiedbeatz

Okay thanks i will try it!

7. certifiedbeatz

Should i save it to the root of my 8.5 folder and will it auto load mackie control for my MCU and komplete?

8. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

No this is the file for maschine and you can just dubble click on it then it's loaded into editor and maschine then add maschine as MCU device if you want. But there is one big issue you can't use 2 MCU devices at once with cubase!! So then you can't integreat your keyboard for full usability! Unfortunately - so just install your keyboard as MCU under device settings as MCU if you want full integration of it.

Uwe

9. BuleriaChk

BuleriaChk NI Product Owner

Is there a controller editor template for Live 9.6+ instead of just Live 9? I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that when running Maschine as a VST in Live the transport controls would work without having to change to the Ableton Control surface (e.g., on Studio). The Python scripts appear, but the Maschine transport controls don't work (other functions work fine).

Anyway, "live 9" is the only entry in the Controller editor is there another somewhere for 9.6?

10. thethirdperson

thethirdperson New Member

11. certifiedbeatz

Maschine editor i for cubase i still have not tried it.. will i lose the ability to change my kits?

12. thethirdperson

13. detech

detech NI Product Owner

I can't believe how bad is the Ableton Live template,
    Nothing i can't do on my 80$ Korg PadKontrol.
    No support for native Live plugins, no visual feedback on lcds etc...
    Even my 10 years old Novation Remote SL is better implemented.

• Like Like x 1
  14. erupt

erupt NI Product Owner

Are you talking about NI's own Live 9.x template for Maschine? Are you sure you're using the latest version?

Maschine's latest Live 9 template is much improved, especially visual feedback where on display/knobs pages, you now get parameter name and value feedback from Live. The navigation in session view is improved as well, and some functions that were previously exclusive to Push are now available from Maschine, such as changing a Live clip's start/end/loop directly via the encoders. Even with Drum Rack there's more LED feedback so the pads with samples/instruments loaded light up. Now instead of moving up a whole octave it moves up one row of pads.

There's so many other nice touches like the group buttons changing colors to become navigational arrows for the box around session view and if you switch to a mode where you navigate by multiple steps instead of one, the navigation arrow buttons change to a different color to let you know what mode you're in. Plus, they've kept as much as possible the correlation between Maschine's hardware and Live so that when Volume, Swing, or Tempo button is selected on Maschine, the master encoder controls the respective controls in Live. Scene button is for Live's scenes. Pattern button is for Live's clips. Pad (keyboard) mode button makes the pads control notes inside clips...etc.

You can even change the color of Live's clips from the Maschine hardware, browse/select/control Live's tracks/devices, automatically detect and browse Drum Racks, switch between views/browser, transpose/gain/detune audio files, turn device on/off, turn warp on/off, punch in/out, set quantize, clear automation, duplicate, double loop, nudge, cue, crossfade...etc. It also has scales and different color modes for notes.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. certifiedbeatz

16. detech

detech NI Product Owner

You are right about visual feedback for plugins parameters, it appears in latest Live template.
    The others functions are a pain to use navigating through all the pages.
    And lastly not being able to use it as a step sequencer is beyond my comprehension.

I finally found a solution to those issues by purchasing MXT Control software who turns Maschine in something more usable than factory template (better menus, step sequencer, etc...)

But in conclusion i wasn't satisfied with Maschine poor remote control implementation and put it back in it box.
    I got plenty of hardware controllers and this one wasn't even worth the space on my deck.
    I wish all of Maschine users the best with this hardware.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. erupt

erupt NI Product Owner

The main purpose of Maschine hardware is to control Maschine's software. Maschine was never advertised to have a MIDI mode template with a step sequencer for Ableton Live. Maschine's MIDI mode for mapping to other software is a free, complementary feature, and as a general MIDI controller for making multiple MIDI templates, I find Maschine to be the best. I think it's unreasonable to expect NI to build a step sequencer to control Ableton Live in Maschine's MIDI mode if that's what you're referring to. Also, as you know, MXT-Live script that you referred to is a third party script that you have to buy separately.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. thethirdperson

A-f**kin-men, apparently it's something that the trigger finger pro can do at half the price and it comes with a nice row of dedicated step-sequencer buttons

19. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...very likely it's not the solution you're looking for, but you guys could route the midi output from the Maschine plug-in to LIve and use the step sequencer this way...

20. layer

layer New Member

Is there a good U-he Diva template for full size Maschine controllers now? Desperately searching for one.

I know there is this NKS thing BUT I want to use Maschine and Diva as seperate plugins in Ableton. Not Diva in Maschine in Ableton