1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Maschine terminates itself when pluging a Mic?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Pesict, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

Does anyone encounter any issues when pluging a Mic into the Port of the MK3?
    Does not matter if TRS or TS, nor macOS or Windows10. Same behaviour on both Systems.
    Yes, even if the AC Adapter is plugged in.

Maschine runs on 2.7.10 and does not tell me that there is a firmware update for my MK3.
    Please tell me this is not a common issue and my device is somehow broken.

2. Trickle2007

Trickle2007 NI Product Owner

Sorry mate, same here. Anytime plugging in a mic while running Maschine it hangs itself....

3. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

Congratulations, you found a bug.
    I too can reproduce this.
    If you connect the microphone when the software is running, the maschine software shuts down and disappears from the screen.

Temporary solution is to connect the microphone before starting up the maschine software. And wait until an update comes.

EDIT,

It has to do with the automatic detection. Even if you have a separate TS / TRS plug without cable, and do it in the microphone connection, the maschine software will shut down.

Then only a firmware update can bring a solution.

René

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  4. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  5. Chad @ NI

Chad @ NI NI Team

Hey all--we have a fix for this issue already and it will be part of the next MASCHINE release which will be happening in a few weeks. In the meantime, try to remember to connect or disconnect the mic to MASCHINE MK3 before starting the software. That's the only workaround we have at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

Thanks for the Feedback!
    The workaround is something I instantly thought of, as a I was analyzing this odd bahavior ;)
    Hope nobody plugs a Mic into my Maschine while I am playing my fingers off :D