Maschine Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mick @ NI, May 16, 2017.

1. Majestic Dakim

Majestic Dakim NI Product Owner

Is it possible someone @ NI could explain why, after updating to 2.8, every time I open Maschine, it is scanning my ENTIRE library, even though I have it set not to? I haven't added anything new, so why is it checking for new items? It takes hours for the scans to complete. At this rate, I'll get to work on my tracks maybe 3 times in a week. this shyt is ridiculous! Please see that this is remedied or send me a link to your or anyone's buy back program. I'm fed up, for real!!!

2. terrybritton

terrybritton NI Product Owner

Are you kidding me? It takes HOURS to scan???? I own Komplete 11 Ultimate and plenty of other things that are NKS and it never takes more than five minutes to scan everything. I am calling this a user issue, not an NI issue. Something is wrong with your computer setup.

Terry

3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

With 2.8 a few users reported absurdly time-consuming rescan time right after the update when the library is being converted to the new NKS format, it sounds like for some reason his setup having an issue and keeps converting at every launch since he has re-scan at startup disabled and it still happens anyway. Just speculating tho.

4. Majestic Dakim

Majestic Dakim NI Product Owner

Ok, here we go with the specs: HP Probook 6560b, i7 Octa-core @3.8 Ghz, 16 GB Ram, and a 1.5TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD. All sound content is stored on an external 2TB SSD. I have been building, repairing, installing and updating mine and others software and computers for over 20 years. I have identified problems with systems that, when speaking to software and hardware manufacturers, even they had no idea of. Now, how's that for "operator error"? This is the first update that doesn't seem to show any consistency, except to just make one very frustrated. Great and granted, my sound library is HUGE, but it's always been that way. Why should now be any different?

5. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Majestic Dakim I understand you're upset but consider opening your own thread about your issue or filling a ticket to official tech support because this is not really the appropriate place. Quoting a NI Official that has nothing to do with support and hoping for a reply might not be your best bet. Even if someone is aware of a bug or work around finding your OG post in this thread is unlikely, up to you.

6. baridw1

baridw1 NI Product Owner

I had a session about a month ago, some of my instruments were not showing up so I decided to scan the plugins library. I had recently upgraded to Mojave, was using Maschine 2.7.x whatever the latest version was before 2.8. It took 3-4 hours to scan all my plugins and libraries. I took it as a lesson learned, never scan libraries in the middle of a session. I ended up downgrading back to High Sierra with a cloned drive because of the scan and other issues. I'm not saying this was definitely a bug however I can say I have witnessed it. External 3 TB Lacie Drive 15 inch Retina MBP i7 16GB Thunderbolt. Logic X (Latest version) Maschine latest version of 2.7.x

7. Et_Voila

Et_Voila NI Product Owner

Hello,

I'm still with 2.7.10. Maschine Studio.

Outside of sound.com : Can somebody tell me if it's worth it to update, knowing that I won't use sounds.com ?

8. affinia

affinia NI Product Owner

9. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

Hi, I was in your shoes for longest time as i refused to update my Mac OS. It worked and it was stable. Then I messed things up and wound up having to upgrade Maschine. I can say the update added a lot of new useful features than I never knew existed while I was on 2.7.x. Check the running Maschine updates thread. I dont use Sounds.com so I can't comment on who that works or integrates.

10. Et_Voila

Et_Voila NI Product Owner

Thanks for replying, I'll search that