1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Maschine Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mick @ NI, May 16, 2017.

1. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

i'm going to have to try this. i'im trying to work in my DAW with maschine more.

2. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

so i tried this today and i was able to play maschines different pads automatically when i loaded it as an insert. I didn't need to do this and i'm still unsure as to what this function does.

3. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

Note: this relates to macOS

This is not specific to Maschine but I've been having a lot of fun with it nonetheless.

Recently I have been using my iPad to use Logic Remote to control Logic, so I've had my iPad connected to my Mac a lot more. I didn't realize that if you go to the Audio MIDI setup in macOS you can enable iPad I/O very easily.

So I made an aggregate device with my Apollo and iPad and set the 4th input pair in Maschine to the iPad.

Now I run Spotify on my iPad on a stand at my desk and use it to output audio to sample into Maschine and cut up.

I'm sure this is obvious to some of you but as a recent macOS convert this kind of blew my mind and I'm loving it.

On my windows machine I used to do stuff with loopback devices but I also hate running things in other windows outside the DAW.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Nomikhan

Nomikhan New Member

Danke für deinen Beitrag mit den Tipps und Tricks. Ich denke ich werde ein paar davon bei mir umsetzen.

5. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

A better Live 10 host integration
    Although Maschine isn't necessarily a Live controller it can be set up as one. This will allow you to control some parts of Live from behind the Maschine controller whenever Live is running (and the VST isn't loaded). So, for example, you can control the volume for each track, the transport control will control Live, you can select different active tracks, etc.

See also this N.I. support article. Basically, all you need to do is to copy the _NativeInstruments folder and the one which corresponds to your Maschine version, these can normally be found in "\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Host Integration\Ableton Live".

But there's a catch.... every time you upgrade Live it will get re-installed. In other words: the Live program folder gets removed and the new Live setup gets installed. Effectively resulting in you having to re-install these controller scripts. But no more if you're using Live 10.1.13 and up!

Live 10.1.13: A new remote script location!

From Live 10.1.13 and up you can now create a folder called "Remote Scripts" right in your Live user library. The default location for this user library is: This PC => Documents => Ableton => User Library. But you can also create this folder in Live itself:

upload_2020-5-6_22-26-45.png

If you place the previously mentioned remote scripts in this new folder (see also my screenshot above for an example) then you will never have to bother yourself with this after you upgraded Live. Simply because a Live upgrade will never mess with your user library.

For me this really is a live safer because Live doesn't exactly upgrade very often and thus I always forget the right location for these script folders. Eventually I'll find them by digging around in Program Files but it's always quite a hassle. Well.... not anymore!

I know it's been a while since 10.1.13 got released (February 2020) but I never immediately upgrade just to make sure I don't run into weird glitches. Still hope this can be useful for some of you!

6. SteveHorne

SteveHorne New Member

Once you have selected a scene from the keyboard, you can press Shift-Button 2 (Unlabeled) to return to Arranger mode in the software.

7. Dansker

Dansker New Member

I would love to try this method and create my own samples, thanks heaps

8. AGgotBeats

AGgotBeats New Member

First time posting here in a while but it was suggested that I share one of my latest tutorials on time stretching. Hope it helps someone. Peace, AG

• Like Like x 2
  9. kidtesla

kidtesla New Member

...the mystery of clips starts to unfold!

Another excellent machine video from Jef Gibbons!​

• Like Like x 2
  10. Diego Fernandez

Diego Fernandez New Member

Can you access clips using maschine jam ?