Maschine update 2.8.3 Play/Restart buttons do not work anymore

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by X-III, Jun 23, 2019.

1. X-III

X-III New Member

I can't use the Play or Restart buttons on my Studio, Jam or Maschine MK2 on any project, old or new. I can't Record anymore either. The Record button lights up on the software but does absolutely nothing. I'm still checking everything else, will post more when I discover them. This is super frustrating NI.

2. v00d00ppl

v00d00ppl NI Product Owner

Are you on Mac or PC? OS version? Have you tried turning off and on your maschine while in the program ? Do you own all three maschine variations mentioned ?

3. X-III

X-III New Member

The Play/Restart and REC buttons no longer work on the A49 or the S61 MK2 in the Maschine software.

4. X-III

X-III New Member

Windows 10. I've restarted the PC, software and all the hardware multiple times. Yes, I do own all the hardware I stated.

5. X-III

X-III New Member

I have now tested this on all of my 3 PCs (1 laptop, 2 desktops} running Windows 10 after updating the Maschine software with the same results. Play/Restart/REC buttons no longer work on the Studio, Jam, Maschine MK2, A49 and the S61 mK2 keyboards.

6. v00d00ppl

I don’t have windows, but I have OSX high Sierra. I will plug in my studio and check what happens with me. I was using my studio on OS X 10.13 without issues.

Also did you make sure you downloaded the latest komplete kontrol update too?

7. X-III

X-III New Member

Yes,

Yes.

8. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Another update and another bug.. they fix 16 and another 16 pop up..

• Like Like x 1
  9. X-III

X-III New Member

Reinstalling Maschine software didn't fix the issue. Any way to revert back to a previous version of Maschine software?

10. v00d00ppl

I did my own testing. Maschine Studio. Mac OS X 10.13. Apollo twin MK I. No issues even when in sleep mode. The restart loop works fine. Plug and unplug the power cables and the same goes for usb. Swap another usb cable out and see if the cable maybe going bad. I’ve had usb cables die on me before to where my soundcard wasn’t stable anymore. You can always start a ticket with N.I. support too

11. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

MIDI sync set to slave?

12. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

I just connected my A25, and the Play-Restart and REC buttons work great here.
    All my NI software is up to date.

René

13. X-III

X-III New Member

Yes.

14. baridw1

baridw1 NI Product Owner

15. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey X-III,
    What version of Windows 10 are you running?
    We'll have a look at this one in the meantime and see if we can reproduce.

Edit:
    Also, can you check if the transport in the software works correctly, if you click the software buttons?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Tronikform

Tronikform NI Product Owner

If you have MIDI sync set to slave it is normal behavior.
    Turn off MIDI sync first to test.

If MIDI sync is set to Slave, you need to provide sync signal for sequencer to start and run.

17. gingerman

gingerman NI Product Owner

2.8.3 is working fine on my PC, Win 10 version below...

upload_2019-6-24_19-53-13.png