1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Maschine V2 Multi Port MIDI Out (Windows)

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mystic38, Nov 26, 2014.

1. lvil1

lvil1 NI Product Owner

I wrote a letter to NI Support and they sent me the registry fix.
    The fix helped.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  2. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

You need to read the rest of the thread on why this is a poor workaround. I would not regard it as a fix.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lvil1

lvil1 NI Product Owner

No doubt that the fix is awful (being a web dev myself, it is like saying to a client to change/fix the browser if my website is not working).
    But at least it works now.
    I am not sure that this fix caused this: after 2-3 hours of working in maschine audio suddenly just stopped until disabling and enabling it in maschine's settings.
    Don't like all this dawless trend now, but constantly leaning towards it because all these bugs...

• Like Like x 1
  4. dasoli

dasoli NI Product Owner

no, that just looks like it!
    Problem still exists in 2.7.5!
    no reaction from the official side?
    Hello
    win 32 user ask for explanation!

5. lvil1

lvil1 NI Product Owner

Hi again, I am really frustrated now.
    Changed to SSD, fresh windows installation, bug disappeared.
    Another fresh installation and who is this funny little guy?
    Aaaah, the MIDI OUT BUG again!

6. musicismath

musicismath New Member

Over 3 years and still nothing done about it.... what an absolute joke of a company.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CakeAlexS

Since version 1.8

8. GuiGeek

GuiGeek New Member

it seem simply impossible native instrument do not repair a bug on a primordial function like this one,
    further more when all other daw do it without problem

it's seem more likely it's a kind of commercial arrangement between Apple and NI

• Like Like x 1
  9. musicismath

musicismath New Member

It isn't limited to Apple, I don't use Maschine to program my synths on my Mac, I use ableton and Maschine has fallen by the wayside for me. I can't be dealing with the clunky way it integrates with Ableton and for sure can't trust it for sequencing a room full of hardware synths.
    The reason I am pissed about it is that I have started working with a friend of mine that uses Maschine on PC only and he's gotten in to hardware synths and is now finding he is unable to use his hardware due to this bug cropping up all the time.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. GuiGeek

GuiGeek New Member

this bug do not exist on mac apple, only on pc windows

11. musicismath

musicismath New Member

Not tried it so wouldn't know and not going to start with it now.

12. CakeAlexS

As he says, it's a Windows only bug.

13. lvil1

lvil1 NI Product Owner

NI, please, investigate it. It has been here for too long.
    It looks like some driver interfering with Maschine software. Maybe NI can find common drivers that all the users here have. I know, they have a tool to collect PC data.
    btw. Not sure yet (not tested for long), but it looks like the bug doesn't occur when I run Maschine inside Reaper.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  14. GuiGeek

GuiGeek New Member

the bug do not occur when you use maschine as vst

NI can solve it in 5 minuts, but it seem they don't want..

15. PooFox

PooFox NI Product Owner

This is because when Maschine runs as VST, there is no possibility to use multiple ports. There isn't even a MIDI section in the VST preferences like there is in standalone. The plugin just sends all its output to the DAW directly.

The bug has to do with using multiple MIDI output ports (not to be confused with MIDI channels).

• Like Like x 1
  16. jleon213

jleon213 New Member

Same issue here.

This is my setup: maschine mk2 on win 10, arturia minilab mk2, novation launch control xl, 2 korg volcas.

First i was having this issue but was intermittent, the launch control got disconnected for example and the midi mapping stopped working... to fix it i have to go to midi settings, turn it off and on again.

then i bought a midi box for the 2 volcas... there the issue appeared more often, the volca gets stucked in one note... i thought it was a windows issue but from this thread it seems it is a NI problem.

I will try the reg fix but this needs to be solved asap.

17. ScottK

ScottK NI Product Owner

7+ Years and still not resolved - They either can't fix it or don't care about it.
    Maschine when it first came out was all about the quick workflow that it offered having hands on control with the hardware/software combo, It's a pity that NI's workflow leads a lot to be desired when it comes to the Maschine software.

Would anybody still choose Maschine over the other hw/sw options on the market if the price point was the same ?

I think Maschine could be on its last legs given how much other hd/sw combos are now available with far deeper software.

I won't be in any rush to spend more money on NI, For now I will continue to use the Maschine controllers with Bitwig.

Scott

18. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

If I were CakeAlexS, I would probably take the lack of that bug fix very personally. I think about it every time I comment on things I want added or improved because I have seen it so many times.

Are you listening NI? Mick @ NI or someone could surely chime in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  19. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Tell them they could turn it into a loop and sell it...that's how to get it done............................

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Toni Martorell

Toni Martorell New Member

This is a shame! 7 years!!
    I've been using maschine since 2013, and I was thinking of buying an MK3 soon. I was using Mac OS and sold it to make my own PC with windows just for music production, and now I have a big problem into the studio!
    I'm obviously not going to buy any other NI product!