1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Bug Maschine V2 Multi Port MIDI Out (Windows)

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mystic38, Nov 26, 2014.

1. J K

J K Active Member

open the file you applied with notepad and it should be easy to figure out.

2. andow

andow New Member

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments\Maschine 2]
    "DisableTS"=dword:00000001

So I guess it's just disabled in Maschine?

3. J K

J K Active Member

apparently. now if you would like to re-avticate TS, copy the *.reg, change dword:00000000, doubleklick and restart

4. andow

andow New Member

Thanks! :thumbsup:

5. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

Sorry, I just don't buy this as anything more than an excuse not to fix a bug as I really don't see how this has anything to do with Windows midi implementation given that every DAW and a load of other applications can successfully use multiple midi ports....

I CANNOT risk the rock solid timing of my primary studio setup to accommodate NI's unwillingness to fix such a basic operational bug.

• Like Like x 2
  6. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

OK, well my conversation with NI about it ended when they said that there was a known bug with the Windows MIDI API, causing MIDI ports to disappear if timestamping is used at the same time as multiple MIDI ports. And as I no longer maintain a Windows production system I didn't take it any further. Hope the reg file is helpful to some.

7. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Could it be that this is not an issue with other applications because they also disable the OS timestamping and/or use their own? I see REAPER and Cubase have options related to MIDI timestamping.

Also, has anyone tried the registry hack and then tested to see if it does actually make a difference to timing? I realise for some, the potential for issues means it is still not an option. Though it would be interesting if other applications essentially get around it the same way (just that the registry amendment is done by the application).

Just thoughts. I don't know the answer. This would be a particularly good issue to get an answer directly and officially for.

8. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Maybe there is a problem with Maschine's implementation because of a Windows API bug which other applications avoid due to having a different implementation? In any case, some official clarification and advice would be good, these things aren't cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking in a nutshell. One idea being that other applications do disable the OS/system timestamping, but they replace/supplement it themselves. Perhaps Maschine does not do either and the registry change only does the former, still leaving half a problem (or, rather, a different problem). Again, if it indeed does cause a problem...
    Clarification would be great. At least then users who are affected by this will know where they stand.

10. Spazoo

Spazoo NI Product Owner

i wonder if anyone has suggested this to NI

11. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

par for the course.

12. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

You mean you are asking for support and to post in these forums?
    That's rather OTT isn't it? ;)

13. fredguile

fredguile New Member

14. andow

andow New Member

After a few weeks of writing with NI support the conclusion is: "update to windows 10, there is hope this problem won't appear there." :confused:

15. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Seems like BS to blame the OS. Other applications work perfectly well under this scenario, it's just Maschine.

• Like Like x 1
  16. PooFox

PooFox NI Product Owner

Yes, total BS. Gee, why doesn't any other music software I own have this problem? The OS? No, the NI.

Gotta love how they only "hope" that's a fix. Can't even make a definitive statement...

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lawrence Peacock

Lawrence Peacock New Member

What is the latest on this? Anyone running windows 10?

18. J K

J K Active Member

yup, still there

19. backbeat2

backbeat2 NI Product Owner

Why does NI not respond to this?
    Maybe that is releated to my bug in pluginmode too, after a couple of repeat in loop cubase crashes.

20. PlipPlop

PlipPlop New Member

Can you believe it is almost 5 years that first report of this bug was put up here. Makes you wonder how dedicated NI is to their user base. Guess all resources go into making new useless devices and the next drum sample..

• Like Like x 2