Maschine vs Motu BPM

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mr Mahogany, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Mahogany

Mr Mahogany NI Product Owner

I webt to a demo of Maschine in San Fran last week and was very impressed. I'm thinking of getting one but I want to know how it compares to BPM from MOTU. I am a PC user so I'm not likely to buy something from MOTU but I'd like some feedback on this. I understand that Maschine cannot work without a computer. Does it have any internal storage at all? Any insight would be welcomed.

2. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

No- the Maschine controller's just a controller. And, BPM's only software; there's no controller.

ew

3. Lotuz

Lotuz NI Product Owner

Why is that?

4. Mr Mahogany

Mr Mahogany NI Product Owner

Well because I use a PC. This is no big deal but I've always seen MOTU as strictly pro mac and having a very condescending attitude toward PC users. I had to contact them about a purchase i was considering years ago and their basic reply was that I should buy a mac.

Its likely they've changed over the years. I recently bought a MOTU midi interface and it works just fine but I'm happy I haven't had to contact them. All in all if I can avoid MOTU I do as I find macophiles in customer service hard to deal with .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.