Maschine VST not compatible with Ableton Live 9.7

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by Bobby Vosene, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Bobby Vosene

Bobby Vosene New Member

upload_2016-10-20_19-25-13.png

Is anyone getting this error in Windows 10? I am using Maschine 2.5.0.

2. NiceMixx

NiceMixx New Member

Make sure the Maschine vst is the same as the live version you are running. 32 or 64 bit.

3. tintala

tintala NI Product Owner

The update wiped out my vst, so now I've got 2.4 vst with 2.5 stand lane with no obvious fix . Live doesn't see machine

4. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Maybe search for 2.5 DLL and place it manually in the correct folder.

Uwe

5. tintala

tintala NI Product Owner

I did but for some reason I never got the 2.5 .dll have searched my whole system , sc will dl the app but won't acknowledge the dll .

6. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

You could have more than one location for your plugins. The obvious solution would be to uninstall Maschine then reinstall paying attention on installation to where Live expects to find your VST's. Also bare in mind the differences between 32 and 64 plugins. Before you do any of this try 'rescaning' your plugins on Live.

7. tintala

tintala NI Product Owner

No , in windows you can choose your path while installing , sc does not choose this path nor do you direct SC to this path. I have a dedicated vst folder. and yes I run 64 bit only and have a folder for all 32 bit which are all obsolete and not scanned or used. My problem is my .dll file for maschine 2.5 isnt anywhere to be found nor did it get updated with the latest 2.5 update. Ive had to uninstall maschine too many times to be novel or fun anymore, getting old and really not worth time and effort for me.

8. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

I must admit i haven't updated to 2.5 yet precisely because of all these issues, for that reason i can't tell you what to search for on your hardrive. It could be that the .dll has been integreted into another module, who knowns. As an extra thought, sometimes if you have a folder on read-only, you can prevent changes to it. You might check to see if that folder locked. Another thought did you have Live running when you were updating Maschine? Shared folder access could have been an issue.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  9. Marty Marvels

Marty Marvels New Member

I have had the same issue with VST in Sonar. 2.5 will open in standalone mode but will not in VST. I have been a Maschine user since they first put out the MK1 controller and never had this issue. I tried all the things mentioned in this post to no success. Sonar will only see version 2.01 in VST mode within Sonar and not even the last update 2.47 that was the last release before 2.5. I have been at this for the last 4 days consistently trying to figure this out around the clock with very little sleep as this is killing my studio sessions. I will be calling support today. There is no rollback option either like most software companies provide should you run into technical issues like this. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but wanted to let you know you are not alone.