Maschine with logic or any other DAW

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by Blit77, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Blit77

Blit77 New Member

Hello I have an issue. I am a long time maschine user and would like to integrate Logic or another daw into my workflow. I am aware that there is a lot of information regarding this functionality but have not been able to find any info on how to make the two pieces of software to interact the way I would like.

The workflow I am looking for is one where I could create a one scene loop with all of the sounds I would like to use for my track within maschine (with maschine running as a vst in the daw or otherwise). Once I have that single scene loop I could play it endlessly muting and unmuting scenes like a performance; effectively writing a song in realtime into logic either as audio or midi. So the goal here is to write a song in real time utilizing the maschine hardware (like many of us do while we're in the middle of developing ideas on maschine) but only to record that (while keeping each tracks separate) into logic or another daw.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

So you just route your stuff from maschine plugin to different audio tracks in logic and then record your stuff I think.
    There are a lot of videos about routing i think that can help you. Recording midi works similar I think but never tried it.

Uwe