Maschine wrapper for one sound

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Depka, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Depka

Depka NI Product Owner

Hi,

my current workflow is to have standalone maschine and Ableton synced through LINK protocol and when i try to jam with new sound into project with ableton i do it in the standalone version and then just drag the midi outside of standalone to Ableton. Then i need to somehow replicate the sound i used in maschine, so, when it's a simple synth patch i can just save the preset and load the same synth in ableton but when it's some sound from expansion that has maschine fx on it i'm kinda doomed and i need to just export the wav loop.

My feature suggestion is to create a small VST for loading particular sound from maschine. The sound should be saved from Maschine standalone and loaded in this wrapper plugin. Because Maschine is not very lightweight when it comes to computer resources.

Do you think this is a viable option ?

2. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

Sorry it doesn't answer your idea but is there a reason you don't just use Maschine as a plugin in Ableton and avoid these issues?

3. shamoo!

shamoo! NI Product Owner

If you don't mind programming midi in Ableton, you can use NI komplete Kontrol plugin to build your sounds instead of using maschine. It is basically a wrapper as you have describe, but.... I don't think it can read maschine "sound" presets file type. So you would probably have to re-create the sounds in komplete Kontrol from scratch then save them as KK nks sounds.

You can also use maschine as a vst inside Ableton, but if you are saying your computer is not powerfull enough to run Ableton + maschine then you will still have to bounce maschine to audio to free up CPU once you are happy with the maschine loops, but doing it this way sounds way easier than what you are currently doing.

4. shamoo!

shamoo! NI Product Owner

Oh and I think maybe your feature should be. Komplete Kontrol software should be able to read maschine "sound" presets

Maybe it can, I don't think it can, but I have never tried so maybe I am wrong

5. Depka

Depka NI Product Owner

yeah that would be sufficent to be able to open it in KK :)

6. Depka

Depka NI Product Owner

Yeah because loading maschine vst for just one sound is kind of OP

7. Psyearth5

Psyearth5 NI Product Owner

In stand alone Maschine works better then in plugin mode so try to learn and do as much you can in Maschine and from my experience you could do a complete job in Maschine, but I get it, it's no for everyone and it is struggle and also feel of achievement is the biggest reward bealive me