Maschine yes, but Mikro?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Benoit Peeters, May 2, 2019.

1. Benoit Peeters

Benoit Peeters NI Product Owner

Hi there!

I'm going to buy a maschine, but I'm between MK3 or Mikro.
    I'm already using a S61MK2 keyboard, so, I was wondering that maybe I can use the screens and rotary knobs of the keyboard... the rest is the same as MK3 isnt it? (I know... Mikro doenst have soundcard, but I already use a Claret one...).

To say it short: Taking away the soundcard and the screens, does MAshine Mikro has same function than MK3?

Thanks once more guys!

2. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

If you don't mind working with the mouse too, i think the Mikro is an excellent addition.

René

• Like Like x 1
  3. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

It could be argued that a Mikro Mk2 might be less frustrating.o_O

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lotuz

Lotuz NI Product Owner

! The knobs of the KK don't control all parameters of the Maschine software like the knobs of the Maschine controller.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tempsperdu

They certainly don't and there isn't seemingly any real rhyme or reason in how they might work well with each other not to mention the KK not having anywhere near the functionality something resembling common sense might say it should have. Welcome to the Future Of Sound ..It's so bright a High Vis jacket might be recommened.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Benoit Peeters

Benoit Peeters NI Product Owner

Do I feel some sarcasm of a unhappy customer!? Lollllllll

7. tempsperdu

Possibly more the frustration of someone aware that certain things have a lot more potential than they are currently exhibiting.................;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

my understanding, the MK3 and Mikro 3, the pads are same. Just no screens on the mikro and less knobs.

FWIW, my own setup is Mikro + Jam + mouse and keyboard. I didn't get the Mikro because I already have a Komplete 6 so didnt need the audio. I still might pickup a studio on the used market.