1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Maschine2.8 and sounds.com not showing up

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Jose970, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Jose970

Jose970 New Member

Just updated to Maschine 2.8 running on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6. I have made an Sounds.com free trial account, enabled the download to NI apps, and I have the same email for sounds.com and Native instruments.com. I have seleted a copule sounds and created the new collection and selected download all to NI. After hours of waiting there is still no options for sounds.com in the loop or one shot section in Maschine?
    Is there somewhere on my CPU that I can verify that everything is set up correctly?

2. Jose970

Jose970 New Member

anybody?!.....

3. Bonus Beats

Bonus Beats NI Product Owner

Check preferences and see if you got a sounds.com folder in the factory library, if not then it’s not going to work. Mine down the same thing and still doesn’t work. Don’t know why Maschine won’t install it and I’ve tried everything under the sun to get this 2.8 release to work properly. I’m talking with someone from NI but don’t they have to get back to me. Let me know if anything works for you:

4. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

This sounds like a great feature to me .

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Andels

Andels NI Product Owner

I wonder who makes these decisions.

6. CakeAlexS

Sales and marketing.

7. Andels

Andels NI Product Owner

Well, apparently they don't know what they're selling.

8. CakeAlexS

They do, it's on the balance sheet somewhere.

9. Jose970

Jose970 New Member

I do not have that folder :(
    I will just cancel my trial before it charges me, and see if this gets resolved. Nice idea but..........

Thank you for the reply

10. Bonus Beats

I’ll let you know if I find a DIY fix

11. Bonus Beats

Quick question, are you on OSX and is it an older machine say like 2009-2011?

I feel like things got weird for my Mac regarding installation of NI stuff after Mac hid the Libaray folder and I feel like once that happened and I installed some stuff things got put in the wrong places.

You are supposed to have like different 2 library locations but I want to say my Maschine might have a random black hole that things were sucked into after the change to OSX

12. Jose970

Jose970 New Member

I'm running Sierra 10.12.6 on a mid 2012 Quad Core 3.2GHz.
    I did find that if you click the download button all the way to the right of a loop and select the "open with" drop down and find Maschine and click ok. It will load in the group you have selected in Maschine.

13. bloke

bloke New Member

If anyone is still looking for help on this. I was earlier I found a solution .. I have the most updated Maschine 2.83
    I am using Mojave on a mid 2012 2.5 MBP. My Solution was that I noticed I had to constantly Log into Native Access.
    I am not sure if that was the initial problem but when I logged in using the same password as Native Instruments and Sounds .com. It worked my Samples are immediately going into the collections on my Maschine it's instant. Is so possibly one needs to be logged into all three.