1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Massive Library Naming

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by hesitant, Sep 23, 2020.

1. hesitant

hesitant NI Product Owner

Hey everyone,

Hope someone can enlighten me as to how this is done.

How does Massive name it's user library. Example I import a user library and name the folder Techno Presets for example but when imported to Massive and I look at the library it's called some like FML-Techno. This is purely an example. How do I get my folders to be named the same inside massive library. Where does Massive get the naming structure from.

Hope that makes sense.
    PS: I'm using Windows

2. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

I know this from some Xmas-Packs (9for$9 or something) and wondered same as you do

i found out that the name info can be entered in the presets
    and therefore you might get a different name than you expect

hope understood, if not, tell me and I try to explain more detailed (but english isn´t my native-speech)

PS: we´re talking about the "old" Massive and not "MassiveX", right?

3. hesitant

Yes the old Massive (sorry I should of said in my original post)

Thanks very much for the reply and yes that makes perfect sense.

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

You would change the Bankname when you're in Attributes view of the patch you have loaded.

5. hesitant

I can't believe I missed this. Thank you so much. Just a pain I've got so many to rename but at least I know how this is done now. Thanks

6. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

and don´t forget to save each one, as I did the 1st time: changed so many presets, went tired, opened the next day and all have their old info :(

7. hesitant

Haha yeah I've remembered to save them thanks.