1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Massive VST3 midi learn doesn't work and Maschine issue

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by Stanislav Zalevskyi, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Stanislav Zalevskyi

Stanislav Zalevskyi Active Member

I've found that I can't midi learn in Massive vst3 (the tab is grey), but still can do this in vst2. Unfortunately maschine keeps loading vst3 version even if I've selected a vst2. Can someone confirm?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  2. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

Hello,

is everything up do date? I now checked and both versions behave the same for me.

Uwe

3. Stanislav Zalevskyi

Yes, everything is up to date. So midi learn works on vst3 version in your case?

4. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

Yep in maschine i opened both and they behave the same with midi learn. You mean the knobs in maschine with midi learn i guess?

Uwe

5. Stanislav Zalevskyi

I mean in old Massive vst3 (not Massive X), when I click on any button in synth, the midi learn tab is grey (I can't select it). Also have you checked the versions of the loaded plugins? I can select vst2 in maschine, but vst3 loads instead

6. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

Ahhh ok will try that.

7. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

I can load both and the versions are correct.
    If i go to "file/help/about" then i see in one plugin just "vst" and the other shows "vst3"

Uwe

8. Stanislav Zalevskyi

I've found what the problem is. If I load VST2 version and save it as a preset in maschine, it'll load back a VST3 version. Same if I save it as a default preset for VST2 - loads back a VST3. If i deselect "default preset" the VST2 is back in game. I wouldn't bother if I could make a midi learn in VST3 version, but I can't (the midi learn tab is grey, when I rightclick on the buttons). Uwe303, can you check the midi learn function for Massive VST3?

9. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

Ok now i know what you mean and can reproduce it. Why you need midi learn that way? You have massive pre mapped to maschine or Komplete Kontrol. You can rearrange it and learn the knobs with the midi learn button under the pots in maschine select it and move a knob in massive and you have that function now on that pot, this page you can also save it after you have configured all the stuff to your liking.

Uwe

10. Stanislav Zalevskyi

The reason for this type of midi learn is the master volume. I want this button to be hardwired to separate controller, so no matter what page in maschine or komplete kontrol is selected - I can always make volume adjustments for current track with massive on it. Thanks for your feedback and suggestions Uwe303!