1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Massive X 1.1.0 Update is here!

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by LoveEnigma, Oct 31, 2019.

1. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

A BIG thank you to Native Instruments team. This is a massive update. Downloading now... :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kaputt

Kaputt New Member

Cool , hope the maschine 2.8.8 will come soon now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

is there an easy way to find the new presets?
    don´t wanna go though all of them to try recognizing if it seems a new or old preset...

4. LoveEnigma

Yes, just click on the search icon on the preset bar. You will see "New in 1.1" there.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. The Sarge

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Sarge

why are there a lot of boring/simple sounds in it?
    and why sounds like "Artocaster"? is the time of "Telecaster" back? I hope not...
    thought MassiveX should be the future of sound and creating again new genres, but with more then some 90s-ROMpler-quality-sound inbetween it wouldn´t be easy. thanks some sound-designers that they crafted some really nice sounds, so that this "errors" are fast forgotten...

7. lwj|localspace

lwj|localspace NI Product Owner

God forbid the future of sound involved making any of your own, right? Why do they even bother with knobs.. just make it a browser plugin for chrome.

• Like Like x 2
  8. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

9. Organik_Dream

Organik_Dream NI Product Owner

First let me start by saying NI makes some of the best soft synths that can easily be named in the top 10 for eg Fm 8, the original massive etc.

Unfortunately this synth not even in the top 100 it’s unbelievable as if NI is run by different company now living off the past success . This is the most unintuitive synth and very uninspiring. please don’t take it as negative but constructive criticism from loyal customer. For me to continue to buy your products please try considering different course. I would have not bought this synth but Its part of komplete ultimate. I uninstalled it when it came out , and obviously checked out the update and hit the uninstall again . No thanks

• Like Like x 4
  10. The Sarge

1st: pls let God outta here!
    2nd: if NI hadn´t claimed it in there eMail how great and how many new Presets are included in this update, then I didn´t posted any word against them! and tbh: critism is allowed, isn´t it? if not, then tell me the sense of a forum....

but with an aluminium-hat, everything about you is clear for me [​IMG]

11. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

Why?

12. v00d00ppl

v00d00ppl NI Product Owner

Thanks for the dark mode theme

13. BigPictureSound

BigPictureSound NI Product Owner

^ This.

14. lwj|localspace

lwj|localspace NI Product Owner

Top 10.. lol.
    just like everything about massive X was immediately clear to your androgynous twofaced alien ass euh.. sorry, intellect after you openend it.... oh my knobs this looks harrrd.

15. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Chill out on the avatar flame war, plox.

Personally I am absolutely not a fan of this "lets slowly add features as we go" route, we already have to deal with that in Maschine/KK and it's a major frustration, if this trend spills out to flagship instruments/synths then it becomes really hard to invest in them because we will be investing in a 'barebones' software with the hope that it will improve over time, reviews/opinions became obsolete fast and making purchase decisions becomes overcomplicated.

• Like Like x 3
  16. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

First of all: thanks LoveEnigma for sharing! I suppose you should regularly fire up Native Access but this is a whole lot nicer :)

I came, I saw (and noticed) and upgraded!

Now, not going to get into discussions here because in the end I'm a Komplete (12) newbie ( ok, ok, there's definitely some pun intended there, apologies, I'm enjoying a Friday synth evening ). However... I definitely agree that in comparison Massive X can easily be less impressive than Massive itself is.

Don't get me wrong: in itself this is an incredible instrument and yes, I kind of agree with lwj up there that with all those (awesome!) presets and ease of use options it's too often too easy to forget that getting your hands dirty (as I like to call it) is the best way to go forward within this world of synth).

Having said that...

My setup / studio fully centers around Ableton Live; it's the heart of my setup. Reason, Max (sorta), Komplete... they all expand on Live itself.

So I cannot help but not notice that Massive allows me to configure ('import'?) pretty much all of its controls. This is key for me because that's that's the only way I'll be able to control Massive from within Live. And if I can control something within Live I can also do so from behind my Push controller (though I prefer to call it a "Live instrument"). No need for mouse & keyboard, I can fully focus on pushing out my ideas with my Push :rolleyes:

... unless I use Massive X :eek:

By default 16 controls are mapped into the Live VST device and.. I cannot seem to add anything else. For the record: after starting Massive X I can easily count up to 44 controls on the main screen. While I get access to a meagre 16. Not very motivating :confused:

upload_2019-11-2_4-19-24.png

So I can definitely understand some of the criticasters above me, it feels like a step backwards. Though I am now very anxious to learn how (and if) Massive X behaves within Maschine (I uninstalled it after I decided to return my Mikro Mk3, so I'll re-install it once the full Maschine Mk3 arrives)).

But despite that... when you do work with mouse & keyboard you'll quickly learn that Massive X is most definitely a very impressive synth. I mean seriously: the Cathedral preset is plain out convincing, and if you compare that to "Balloon time" you'll notice some of the drastic differences this synth can handle. Mystery Metal anyone? Or Sun Rays pads :cool:

Seriously: this synth is amazing for what it can and cannot do!

• Like Like x 2
  17. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

This isn't the case on my cpu, both plugin, as well as inside komplete kontrol, there isn't any 1.1 text. I'm testing on windows 10.

18. LoveEnigma

That's strange. Are you sure Massive X is updated to 1.1.0? You can click on NI or Massive icons on the GUI to verify.

19. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

it's working now, it had to be scanned

20. ChristopherM

ChristopherM NI Product Owner

Massive X is unfortunately a massive disappointment. It does not have the freshness and excitement that any of the previous NI synths had at launch. The piecemeal release with features lacking makes the synth harder to use and therefore harder to understand. As far as I know, NI has not shared a roadmap to tell us which features it intends to add and when. The erratic GUI automation is less than helpful. There are far too many presets that sound incredibly bland and dated. If this had been NI's first ever product, I think NI would have sunk without trace.

• Like Like x 1