1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Massive X 1.2 released

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by Tony Jones, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Tony Jones

Tony Jones NI Product Owner

We get 100 new presets and some bug fixes! Not bad for a Christmas bonus!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ksynth

Ksynth New Member

Seems odd but the NI About screen did not update to 1.2

However Massive still loaded all the new presets.

3. tkurgpold

tkurgpold NI Product Owner

Seems a little weird to make this 1.2 instead of 1.1.2 or something, but hey, updates are good.

4. GuidoPa

GuidoPa NI Product Owner

"Update now for free..." Is that always mentioned or a sign that it not will be free in the future?[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Xerophyte

Xerophyte NI Product Owner

Hey everyone. I'm happy that the new Massive X update includes a bunch of new presets now. However, has anyone felt a little disappointed that Massive X, to begin with, hasn't included customizable wavetables and the ability to load your own samples? I have Europa and it has one of these two features. I hardly use Europa for my own reasons. But I'm really hoping that Native Instruments can catch up with their competitors and in the next Massive X update they will include customizable wavetables and the ability to load your own samples. Otherwise I have more incentive to break my brand loyalty and just get something like Serum or Phase Plant. And I'm not trying to hate on NI; I'm actually a giant fan of NI products. It's just that this is an area that I feel they could have covered and they certainly have the ability and potential to do. (For example, Absynth 5 includes a wave morpher) Anyone agree with me?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  6. Big Gnome

Big Gnome NI Product Owner

Speaking for myself, no. Not at all.

7. Xerophyte

I know not everyone's gonna feel the same way as me, but I feel this way because a good number of synthesizers (even Absynth 5 to a certain extent) feature cool features like this. But if you're honestly satisfied, more power to you I guess. I mean I do like Massive X and am still excited I got it, I just wish it had these features to really go above and beyond.

8. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

I've merged your thread Xerophyte with already existing v1.2 update thread.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Xerophyte

Okay. I'm still a noob at this forum so I totally get it.

10. tkurgpold

tkurgpold NI Product Owner

I agree that it's a bit disappointing, but I didn't find myself disappointed. Given what was omitted in the initial release, it seems like it was crunch time for the devs. I'm fairly confident that custom wavetables/samples will be added in the future, especially given how much of a bump in userbase they'd likely get. Hell, throw in a wavetable editor and you're getting into Serum competitor territory, atleast IMHO.

11. ehdyn

ehdyn NI Product Owner

I'm of two minds about it.. would be nice I guess but OTOH if the synth is flexible enough you really shouldn't need too many waveforms. I think people rely on the wavetable to do everything for them and that's not really the idea behind the synth imo. Would rather see MPE and user defined tuning editor based on ratiometric relationships and the emphasis on new modules for it's various slots.. like a chaos modulator or ones based on physical modelling, etc..

12. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

13. GuidoPa

GuidoPa NI Product Owner

Where can we find what is new in the latest Massive X update, version 1.2.1?

14. Tony Jones

Tony Jones NI Product Owner

The about in Native Access just says it's fixed a bug to do with projects saved without a preset name getting the wrong sound when reloaded. No new patches or features AFAICS

• Like Like x 1
  15. GuidoPa

GuidoPa NI Product Owner

Ok, I already won the price of dumbest question on this forum in 2020 :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

The year is soooo young. Try again please.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Kalle Sandås

Kalle Sandås New Member

Anyone else experiencing very slow loading times with presets after the latest update?

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Nope loads very quickly over here.

• Like Like x 1