1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Solved Massive X Black screen since 1.3.3 in Ableton Live 11 (MASSIVEX-2490)

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by YannickBisson, Sep 20, 2021.

1. YannickBisson

YannickBisson NI Product Owner

Hi,

I have updated to 1.3.3 and since, Massive X shows a black GUI in Ableton Live 11/ Catalina Mac OS.
    It is also black when loaded in Komplete Kontrol.vst in Ableton Live 11.

I've deleted the plugin, reinstalled, rescan plugins in Ableton.. Did that 3 times. Still black.

Anyone has this problem?

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dave Therrien

Dave Therrien NI Product Owner

UPDATE - I just updated to the 11.0.10 version of Live and NOW I see the issue!!!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  3. Jeremy @ NI

Jeremy @ NI Support Team NI Team

Hey Yannick,
    this seems to happen in the latest Ableton Live 11 Beta, is that also your case ? The Massive X team has a fix for this and they’re working on a hotfix release with a few fixes included. No specific dates at the moment.

4. thedavewalker

thedavewalker NI Product Owner

Updated Ableton Live to 11.0.10 and now have a massive black window where MassiveX ought to be...

5. Yaeli_966433

Yaeli_966433 New Member

I was running Massive X just fine on mac os Mojave using Ableton Live 11 but then when I updated massive X to 1.3.3 I now have an unusable black screen. I can get Massive X via using the stand alone Komplete Kontrol but not inside Komplete Kontrol in Ableton Live 11 or outside Komplete Kontrol inside Ableton Live 11. So having to revert back the previous version of Massive X for now using Time machine.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  6. SkizzoFranick

SkizzoFranick New Member

Same problem here. Black scree with ableton 11. It does work with ableton 10

7. Eternal Monsoon

Eternal Monsoon New Member

Ableton 11.0.10
    Latest NI updates from native access.
    Windows

Same black screen issue w all iterations of Massive X.

Only affecting Massive X, other NI instruments are fine.

8. Yaeli_966433

Yaeli_966433 New Member

I'm now on mac os Big Sur and still have a black screen when trying to use Massive X inside Ableton Live 11. When is this bug going to get resolved? I have purchased expansion packs and put a lot of effort into Massive X with my own sound design etc

Time to get a refund.

9. RPEK

RPEK New Member

I am also having this issue on Windows 10. The plugin loads well in Komplete Kontrol standalone and the issue seems exclusive to Ableton 11. I believe my Ableton was automatically updated before this happened.

Maybe it's connected to Ableton not making use of GPU acceleration? Just a thought...

10. DeepThumb

DeepThumb NI Product Owner

YES, but from Ableton because the root cause seems to be a regression in Live 11.0.10. There have been no Massive X issues reported with 11.0.06.

So please report that new issue on the Ableton Forum as well and send them a support ticket.

11. Jeremy @ NI

Jeremy @ NI Support Team NI Team

Hey peeps, yes, it is definitely a bug on our side with the latest version of Live (11.0.10). We are currently working on a hotfix and it should be ready soon. We deeply apologise about this issue. In the meantime, the only solution is to downgrade Ableton to 11.0.6.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  12. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

I wonder how come it's an issue on NI side when it was latest version of Live that broke things. :D

13. SoundPiper

SoundPiper New Member

Same problem after just updating my Win10 PC to 11.0.10. However, my empty MassiveX window is bright RED!! :mad:
    Still OK on Win7 10.1.41 though.

14. Zemertz

Zemertz New Member

Same issue, I've checked all my other plugins and they are ok. This plugin seems to be not compatible with Ableton 11.10 update (both VST and VST 3 version). I was going to cry, but I wont just yet :)

15. z8j2l1aw

z8j2l1aw New Member

+1 to seeing this issue here.
    Have 4 songs in-progress that are blocked because I use Massive X in all of them. :(

16. Yaeli_966433

Yaeli_966433 New Member

I downgraded to Ableton Live 11.0.6 from 11.0.10 and Massive X working again. Black screen gone. I've turned off auto upgrades on Live for now, cannot be bothered to deal with that again. Noting that if you downgrade you will need to delete the 11.0.10 version or you won't be able to authorize.

I wonder if NI might give me a freebie Expansion for Massive X due to how painful this has been? If so please hit me up. Thanks in advance.

17. Jack Bando

Jack Bando New Member

Same. Just installed Massive X and getting a black screen. My patience is thin. Guess I will downgrade to Live 11.0.6 this morning.
    NI - This needs to be fixed immediately!!!!

18. easy_easy

easy_easy New Member

No, Ableton Live 11 projects cannot be opened with Live 10. You must downgrade to Live 11.0.6. if you still have the manual installer.

19. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Yes I was wondering that too but I see NI have owned it so cool. btw what's with all the complaining here? Live issued this update only just over a week ago and the first report was on 20th Sept here. NI are already working on a hot fix, let's give them some credit for that instead of the childish 'Im losing patience I demand a refund, now!!!' lol

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  20. genericerik88

genericerik88 New Member

Just adding to the chorus... My Massive X screen is now black. Prior to that I was often experiencing various crashes and instabilities, but the blackness makes everything very difficult to operate. Strangely, I still get sound from previously saved patches. As a full-time sound designer/musician, this is affecting my ability to meet my deadlines this week, as I have ongoing projects using Massive X patches. What a time... I now await the hot fix. Hot fix please!