1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Solved Massive X ever gonna be compatible with Apple Silicon

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by Colin Hauser, May 21, 2021.

1. Colin Hauser

Colin Hauser New Member

Hi,

I was forced to get a new Mac when mine dies and my warranty replacement was an M1.

I have Massive X and all expansions.

When or will it ever be comapatible with Apple Silicon?

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

It will. There is no timeframe. But it will.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. DrewFitz

DrewFitz New Member

Sorry for the negativity, but I'm really floored that we can't get any more info than "we have no idea" almost 4 months from the original acknowledgement of this issue. It's really lowering my opinion of NI. I have over $200 of "flagship" software that's been literally unusable to me for over 6 months, and NI can't even say if it will work again by end of year, end of 2022, nothing? I'm not asking for a refund or anything, just for the software that I paid for to work at all. It's extremely frustrating. Again, I apologize for the negativity but this isn't OK.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

We've actually talked about this many times over in the forum.
    Apple Silicon compatibility is being worked on for MX and a first version with Rosetta 2 should be available relatively soon-ish. The ARM one will then come later this year.

• Like Like x 6
  5. nanotable

nanotable NI Product Owner

That’s exciting to hear, thanks for the additional info. I wasn’t aware that a Rosetta version is in the works.

6. DrewFitz

DrewFitz New Member

Very happy to hear that, my bad for missing those discussions in my search for info.

• Like Like x 2
  7. merges

merges New Member

So, it's been almost 8 months since M1 macs were released. Updates?

8. Ben Butschko

Ben Butschko New Member

Matt already wrote (26. Mai 21), that there will be a Rosetta 2 Version soon. Apple Silicon comes later this year.

I know it is hard to understand, but software development is a complex thing. Even if NI had access to a M1 developer device six month ago, it can take time.

I use also a MacBook Pro M1 as main device in my studio and as software developer I know, that sometimes things take times.

9. Matt @ NI

I'm checking again on timeline for MX and I'll share more as soon as I heard from the team looking after the update.

• Like Like x 2
  10. merges

merges New Member

Absolutely understand. I'm a software engineer too. :) Of course all creative and engineering work takes time, but that doesn't preclude estimates and schedules, which most of us employ routinely in our work.

11. JonnyMac78

JonnyMac78 NI Product Owner

I agree, there will definitely be a roadmap, but as a Product Manager it doesn’t take too much imagination to think of reasons organisations don’t always make them public. Reason no 1 - because roadmaps often shift… Great to know it’s being worked on though!!!

12. Urskog

Urskog New Member

Cool.

13. Matt @ NI

It seems like the guesstimate for Massive X on Rosetta 2 is around 3 - 4 weeks if there's no extra delay coming along. This is obviously just a rough estimation but we'll keep sharing updates if we hear more about the progress.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Kypresso

Kypresso New Member

The 4 weeks is up, whats the next best guess?

• Like Like x 1
  15. chk071

chk071 NI Product Owner

Soon-ish. ;)

I don't think it's a good idea counting the minutes either though.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a mit Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

When it happens. :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Kypresso

Kypresso New Member

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at your response.
    I've never had much in the way of useful replies from N.I people before but your comment is a new low of stupid.
    Maybe if you can't respond in any useful way, you could just not bother to reply at all.

18. JonnyMac78

Hi Matt,
    I was just wondering whether the update is imminent? I appreciate you taking time to find out previously, have you heard anything since your last update?
    Cheers!

19. Jeremy @ NI

Jeremy @ NI Support Team NI Team

Matt is on holiday, yes the 4 weeks (if there is no delay, as Matt said) have passed. I've asked the team once again. It should come soon, I won't share a precise date, since we don't want to disappoint again. I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but we're keeping an eye on the matter and will let you know as soon as there is something solid to share.

• Like Like x 2
  20. JonnyMac78

Thanks Jeremy. No need to apologise, I’m a Product Manager myself, so painfully aware that timescales will be ‘fluid’ for a great number of reasons…

• Like Like x 1