1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Solved Massive X ever gonna be compatible with Apple Silicon

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by Colin Hauser, May 21, 2021.

1. Flowingglower

Flowingglower New Member

It's not been officially communicated on their website, nor on here. Let's wait for that.
    It could either be not pushed through on all of their deployment servers, a missing NA update and/or it could as well be due to local caching that needs to be updated. Or a combination of all of this in some way.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

Perhaps NI is exploring alternatives to AVX, but its a very difficult transition, especially for the complexities offered by Mass X. I would imagine that it creates the need for a new team to focus on that code base, but will also required the team to baby spoon-fed from the original team that mtaintains the intel code. Is it worth it for NI to do so? We'll see.

3. JonnyMac78

JonnyMac78 NI Product Owner

What are you talking about? They’ve already confirmed a) they’re working on it and, b) it will be released soon.

I can confirm this, because I’ve installed it and it works.

4. JonnyMac78

JonnyMac78 NI Product Owner

Perhaps the ‘update’ has been pushed out to those who have already managed to install the version that doesn’t work, but not yet to those who have no Massive X installed at all.

Try this workaround that somebody posted on Facebook:

“If anyone is having trouble updating this in Native Access (like I did) try downloading the demo version - install it (replace old version) - then try updating. It worked like a charm- I'm running Massive X in LPX on my 2020 M1 MBP now - seems to be working fine and all of my expansions show up : ) ”

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  5. Baum

Baum New Member

For everyone who is getting the error message preventing it to install or update! This is what worked for me.
    I Installed the demo version then updated it with the Native Access but! BUT! only the UPDATE ALL button would start the update.
    Clicking the UPDATE button would still trigger the error message.

So now it's working for me!!:cool: hope that helps.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Flowingglower

Flowingglower New Member

Worked for me too.

7. Jeremy @ NI

Jeremy @ NI Support Team NI Team

Hey M1 owners ! You can finally install Massive X on your computer, it needed an extra Native Access update that just happened.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Eddie @ NI

Eddie @ NI NI Team NI Team

Just to avoid further confusion:
    You need at least Native Access version 1.13.4 (R137) to install Massive X on an Apple M1 computer.

9. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

All installed and running fine here on M1 os 11.5.2.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ed M

Ed M New Member

The update for Native Access did the trick, exploring the Massive X presets as we speak on my M1;)
    It was a long wait, let's see what this what this instrument has up it's sleeve

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tim Meighen

Tim Meighen New Member

Since the update the plugin will load but when I open the interface it is just an empty black rectangle. I tried reinstalling etc.
    Ableton 11.0.10b2
    VST, VST3, AU
    Mid 2014 Macbook Pro OSX 11.5.2

Works for me in Logic Pro though.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  12. Jeremy @ NI

Jeremy @ NI Support Team NI Team

Does Ableton have Full Disk Access in your Mac's system preferences, under Security & Privacy ?

13. Tim Meighen

Tim Meighen New Member

I gave Ableton Full Disk Access but it did not solve the issue. I installed the latest non-beta of Ableton (10.0.6) and that worked fine.
    Then I reinstalled the latest beta (11.0.10b2) and the problem persists in that version.

14. Jens Scheiwe

Jens Scheiwe New Member

Here everything works fine. Latest Ableton on M1 Mac 16gb. Massive X shows up with 33% when opening an instance and nothing else but when adding more instances it doesnt really change much; so maybe it´s a conversion thing and more instances run on the same thing; no idea, as i am not a coder. Anyway, it is awesome to be able to use this! When it came out I couldnt use it due to my old mac pro 5.1; then i upgraded to the m1, to have something not that expensive which will get the job done, and again.... ;)
    I think Massive and me will form a nice relationship for the future! I really like what you can do with it and even if i had only 30 minutes clicking around and doing a few presets i love it!! Thanks Native Instruments to finally make this happen!

• Like Like x 5
  15. Eddie @ NI

Does it work with the current released version of Live (11.0.6) for you? (Maybe that's what you wanted to say, but it's 10.0.6 in your post, so I'm just making sure ;) )

16. Tim Meighen

Tim Meighen New Member

Whoops! Yeah, I meant 11.0.6 works :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Eddie @ NI

I can confirm that with the Live beta (11.0.10b2) there seems to be an issue with Massive X. I see the same black screen. Thanks for the heads-up, we'll take a closer look at this.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jens Scheiwe

Jens Scheiwe New Member

It is the 11.0.6 on my m1. I got the 10.somewhat on my old mac pro but i think massive dont work there, because i have no avx extension on that. so for the current version - i think the regular one, not a beta, it works.

something which would be cool, to be able when being with the mouse over a menu would be to skip through the different submenus with the middle mouse button, or the trackpad with two fingers.

19. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Yes I can also confirm it works in 11.0.6 - I don't have the Live beta.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

Works fine on Live 11.0.6
    M1 Mac

• Like Like x 1