1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Massive X mark/save presets as favourites

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by Revillo, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Revillo

Revillo New Member

Hi

Is there still no direct way to save a preset in Massive X as favourite?

Thanks

2. Sunbambino

Sunbambino New Member

I like Mass X, I didn't at first, now I see how eccentrically powerful it can be.

But browsing systems have always been NI's Achilles heel (ie Reaktor, where you need a University degree in Cybernetics to save a preset).

And Mass X is in the same area, the User folder is a data-swamp where nothing can be organised, tagged, and where, as Revillo notices, no basic fave function exists.

Desperate. C'mon NI. Please have a look at the drag and drop functions inside Zebra, Diva and Hive. Way to go!!!

3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

File->Save Preset As. Yeah totally requires a degree. :p

4. Sunbambino

Sunbambino New Member

You seem an individual without much of a sense of humour, yes, I was exaggerating. But appropriate hyperbole is an art-form.

Here's another wee joke... Do you know why NI call this synth Massive X?

Answer: because it takes x-amount of keystrokes to delete a preset.

5. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Ironically NI created probably the best browsing system there is for Kore and implemented it in several of then own synths, then subsequently broke it all when they abandoned Kore.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sunbambino

Sunbambino New Member

Interesting, I never tried Kore. I've given up on Reaktor which is sad coz I love Polyplex.

I do feel MX deserves a better browsing system (though some may be in denial about this). A great synth deserves a liquid workflow

7. Itai

Itai New Member

Hey NI, navigating between all those libraries and sounds is time consuming and tiring. Easy way to store an reload favorites seems like a no-brainer thing.
    I'm sure you don't want your customers to become frustrated and buy less kontakt expansions because of that...
    Please do,
    Thanks

8. twilek

twilek New Member

The only problem is that this option does not exist. There is only a Save Icon, and this icon is disabled until you do a change in the preset.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Itai

Itai New Member

I have NI Complete 13 and use it in a DAW. I thought adding more presets to Massive X and other modules but not doing so because it is so time consuming to go through all of these over and over again just because there is not easy way to built and manage my own library of favorites (across multiple instruments) mixed with my customized sounds

• Like Like x 1
  10. RedwardMc

RedwardMc NI Product Owner

I was about to try Massive X again today, this thread reminds me of why I gave up on it - the broken preset system. NI needs to hire someone from Arturia to redo their preset system.

• Like Like x 1
  11. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

Errr, no they don't.

12. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Yes it does - that post was referring to Reaktor incidentally

13. Murat Kayi

Murat Kayi NI Product Owner

I still think that the easiest workaround for this is to use the KK browser

• Like Like x 1