1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Massive X Presets In Expansions?

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by BezowinZ, Jan 25, 2020.

1. BezowinZ

BezowinZ NI Product Owner

Just curious I guess why NI hasn't started to include Massive X presets with Expansions.

I've been trying to fall for the $25 holiday voucher and grab an Expansion. I'm not much interested in the loops or one shots, so the drums and synth presets are the draw. Even in Magnetic Coast, still presets for Massive OG instead of X.

Just wondering out loud.

2. SampleSystem

SampleSystem New Member

Give em time. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Lowkus

Lowkus NI Product Owner

MassiveX needs a lot of work before it's ready to be used in Maschine. They don't have automation parameters fully accessible, the preset system needs work. Given the slow pace of development so far I don't think the situation will change anytime this year. Maybe 2021.

4. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

So does Maschine, at the moment it won't play many Massive X patches properly as it filters out any aftertouch.

5. prjkt

prjkt NI Product Owner

Might be due to the fact that Maschine comes with Massive as part of the bundle, so you can use the patches in the expansions... Maschine users without Massive X wouldn't be able to use such expansions, less likely to buy them...

6. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Just out of interest how many Maschine Expansions include Massive presets? tbh I didn't realise they did. Although I own Maschine I don't really use it due to its limitations playing synths but would be interested in the extra Massive patches. Would be great if they were in one collection that was available separate from the Expansions. Do they include presets for other NI plugins?

7. Tony Jones

Tony Jones NI Product Owner

I'd say around 60% of expansions come with some Massive expansions. This ranges from (eg) 9 in Sierra Grove to 77 in Queensbridge story. There are a few Massive only expansions - Stadium Flex, Nocturnal State and Spectrum Quake each with 150 presets and these are cheaper expansions

8. Tony Jones

Tony Jones NI Product Owner

I've been keeping track of the expansion content in an attempt to determine which are more value for money in terms of things I'm interested in. It's a hobby!

9. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Thanks - I never realised there were some that are all Massive - probably because they are advertised as Maschine expansions and in the Maschine section of the website - not mentioned with Massive in the Komplete section. That's a marketing oversight.

10. prjkt

prjkt NI Product Owner

Initially they only worked in Maschine, but then they released updates that had Massive, Monark and Prism patches, along with Battery kits for drums.

If you check the description on the NI site for each expansion you’ll see what’s included

11. LX World

LX World NI Product Owner

Given the slowness of development of Massive X these expansions should be free. We still don't even have a standalone version FCOL! The hundreds of pounds I've spent on Komplete 12 Collector's Edition (full of content which most people would rarely use unless they are film composers!) and now they want more money!

• Like Like x 1
  12. BigPictureSound

BigPictureSound NI Product Owner

I’ve never opened/needed a standalone version of any synth. Always inside a DAW as a VST. 450 NKS ready Massive X presets for $60? I’m in.

I am pleased with Massive X, and they made good on important updates and extended an olive branch with a free preset pack a few months ago.

13. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Did I miss that? What pack?

14. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

15. BigPictureSound

BigPictureSound NI Product Owner

Massive X released sometime in July of 19'. Two months later, 100 new presets were added to the Massive Factory Library, another 60 end of October, and 100 more in December.

Pretty cool!

16. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Oh I see - I thought you meant an additional expansion not factory patches

• Like Like x 1