1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Bug Massive X shows black screen in Ableton Live 11.0.10

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by Tobias @ NI, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Tobias @ NI

Tobias @ NI NI Team NI Team

Dear users,

we got some reports that in Ableton Live version 11.0.10 the screen of Massive X 1.3.3 is showing either black or red. Unfortunately, there is no workaround for this issue. The good news is, we have a fix for the bug and aim to release a hotfix early next week.

We will let you know here when Massive X 1.3.4 is released. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Tobias @ NI

Tobias @ NI NI Team NI Team

Dear users,

we are happy to announce that Massive X 1.3.4 is now available in Native Access.

Thank you again for your patience.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Simon Moore

Simon Moore New Member

Thanks for the quick update, I can confirm it is working for me in Live 11.0.10.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ThomasC7

ThomasC7 New Member

Yup, confirmed it's working after the 1.3.4 update, thank you NI Team! (Don't forget to restart your DAW to see reload the VST)

• Like Like x 1
  5. genericerik88

genericerik88 New Member

Now working over here. Work can now resume. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cody B

Cody B New Member

It works now but I have no presets at all. I do have Massive X Factory Settings installed as well. I have tried doing everything I can find from these links https://support.native-instruments....3992417-Some-Presets-are-Missing-in-MASSIVE-X or even uninstalling and reinstall. https://support.native-instruments....tive-Instruments-Software-from-a-Mac-Computer. Now it seems I can not even uninstall because I have gone through the last link here to uninstall all files but even then when I open Ableton 11.0.10 Massive X still works just with no presets. Since I am a first time user perhaps there is some other files here that are not working as intended that I can not find using the link I have posted here??? My OS is 11.5.1 BigSur and I have installed the Massive x 1.3.4 version.

Attached Files:

7. Jens Scheiwe

Jens Scheiwe New Member

For me everything works fine in the latest Ableton - BUT not in the new M1 Beta. It opens but the knobs can't be turned.

8. tomduskc

tomduskc New Member

With the 1.3.4 update on Windows 10, the VST2 works fine but the VST3 is still all black.

9. DeepThumb

DeepThumb NI Product Owner

Not on my Win 10 system. There VST2 and VST3 work.

10. Ortwin

Ortwin New Member

For me, everything works fine now. Thank you for help.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jeremy @ NI

Jeremy @ NI Support Team NI Team

Hey Jens,
    We'd like to look into your issue, please submit a request through this typeform: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Synth

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jeremy @ NI

Jeremy @ NI Support Team NI Team

Hey Tom, we'd like to look into your issue, please submit a request through this typeform: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Synth

13. Simon Moore

Simon Moore New Member

Hi, just a quick update on this (version 1.3.5). My VST3 version is generally working fine, although yesterday it was not showing all preset categories (bass, pads etc) so I had to keep loading the plug in until it decided to scan the preset folders, after that it was fine.

The VST2 version just shows a red screen and does not work at all, quite frustrating as I used the VST2 version for quite a while and now have no way of retrieving the sounds when opening a Live set that contains the VST2 plug-in. If I have a mixed down version of the set then I can attempt to recreate the sounds but a lot of my rough ideas were never mixed off so I have no reference point.

Windows 10
    Ableton Live 11

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  14. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

I wonder if the VST2 version perhaps didn't update correctly. Do you have any other DAW to try loading the VST2 (or at least use SAVIhost) just so you can get to the GUI of VST2 to see the about screen which would tell you the version?