1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Massive X Support Forum

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by Mick @ NI, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

• Like Like x 1
  2. mgk

mgk NI Product Owner

Hello, just got Massive X, the 316 presets are not showing (apart five templates). Can you help me?
    (win7, i7, 32 ram)

3. mgk

mgk NI Product Owner

Ok, just found out there is a separate installer for the factory library (this was not clear...).
    Thanks for making this new synth!! :)

4. Luis de la Torre

Luis de la Torre New Member

Works nice, zero installation issues, no problems with presets. I use W10-64 and Reaper and I only miss the manual. I saw it is "coming soon" and had a look at the video guide. I like everything I've seen so far, including CPU use.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Veiss

Veiss NI Product Owner

Do you know if that's only available for the full version, or demo as well? Where did you find that?

Thanks

6. Vic20

Vic20 New Member

I' m downloading Massive X and for the love of god cannot find it on my system ?

7. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

There's no standalone currently (comes in an update), you can only use it as a plugin for now.

8. Vic20

Vic20 New Member

So all I can see on my computer in my user directory is the Massive X Factory Library?

Finally found the VST after Windows had done an update. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2019
  9. mgk

mgk NI Product Owner

Hello, I see that when reopening a project in Ableton 9 (win7) preset names of all Massive X instances are not shown.
    This makes difficult to work, obviously.
    Anyone else noticed such an issue?

10. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

11. EvilDragon

Original Massive never had a virtual keyboard, I'm thinking MX won't have it either.

12. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Old Absynth has one

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Luca80

Luca80 NI Product Owner

I think I understood most of the software, included finetuning, curtain menues, PM Aux, Feedbacks and FM. The double clicking on noise and oscillators is not intuitive. But I don't understand those:
    • noises don't produce any sound, I tried in many ways and I also isolated preset's noises in the routing
    • how can I import noises?
    • Routing's modulators are not effecting anything: I connected a modulator to the FM and to a filter
    • where I can find more wavetables?
    • why the FX area in the routing is marked as Monophonic?
    Thank you if you answer me

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  14. EvilDragon

Massive is not Absynth. It was a specific design intention by Mike Daliot not to have value displays or virtual keyboard etc.

Noises work fine over here, hmmm.

You can't.

Click on the wavetable name to the left or right of "Dual Wavetable" text label, opens the browser to pick a wavetable. You cannot import your own.

Because FX are not polyphonic, they are applied to the sum of all voices. Just like it would be with hardware FX processors.

15. Luca80

Luca80 NI Product Owner

Thank you for answering!
    I read before I can't import user's waves and noises, but my list in the browser is empty: both waves and noises. I was wondering if I have to install them as I did with presets.

About Modulators in the Routing, they represent the modulators below the oscillators, right?

16. EvilDragon

No, they should be there by default. Click on MASSIVE X logo in top left and go Scan Presets, then reinstantiate MX.

17. Luca80

Luca80 NI Product Owner

did, no success :(

18. EvilDragon

Try a few times. If it doesn't help, reinstall MX completely?

19. Luca80

Luca80 NI Product Owner

maybe I understood, I reinstall the plugin

20. Luca80

Luca80 NI Product Owner

I tried but same problems persist: wavetable browser empty, noise browser empty, no noise generated, routing's modulation not working.
    I use Ableton 10, the pc is a 32 Gb ram with an i7-6700HQ on Windows 10 64 bits.
    Contanct me id you wish screenshots
    Thank you for help anyway