Massive X Support Forum

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by Mick @ NI, Jun 27, 2019.

1. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Maybe better contact NI support directly.

2. mr_melvis

mr_melvis New Member

Only issue I have run into is that the volume slider at the top of the GUI does not slide. It sets itself to whatever the volume was when that particular preset was created. If you click and try to slide - the cursor disappears but nothing else happens. If you double click the slider though - it moves to a center position. Not sure if this is intended or not... Win 10 Core i7 4790k, 32GB RAM, Ableton 10 Suite, Echo Audio Layla 3G. No other NI instruments display this behavior...

3. GuidoPa

GuidoPa NI Product Owner

1. How do you copy an automation in the performer?

2. Howto copy a whole automationblock(top squares) in the performer?
    Found it: left click on it and drag it to the next square

3. Howto duplicate?

4. Howto delete a selection?

5. What is the meaning of the button(looks like a midi connection) left at the bottom next to the performer?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mr_melvis

mr_melvis New Member

This has been resolved - I use a trackball mouse and mouse button needs to be held down and the trackball moved up and down to change the volume. A little un-intuitive - but all good now!

5. TopTrainer

TopTrainer New Member

Just for my information and relative to my own issues, on the subject of re-installation, does the current install have to be uninstalled first or can it be over written?

6. EvilDragon

Probably better to fully uninstall it.

7. LX World

LX World NI Product Owner

I imagine the issue is the same as for many of us - you do not have an AVX ready CPU in your PC/MAC

8. GeorgeWare

GeorgeWare NI Product Owner

Thanks I was looking

9. Rumdrum

Rumdrum NI Product Owner

Why in heavens name did they make it AVX dependent?

10. EvilDragon

Because that dramatically reduces CPU usage and enables more complex DSP to happen without your CPU keeling over. Also it's 8 years old tech by now, it's time somebody actually started using it.

11. GuidoPa

GuidoPa NI Product Owner

What are the Mod1/2? Is this something like A/B in Reaktor? How do you connect them?

What is the pink VR and how do you open it(doesn't open like P1/E1/L4 when you click on it)?

UPDATE, thanks to people on FB:

"Someone else will hopefully comment about M1 and M2, but VR is the voice randomizer, which can be used as a modulation source to introduce slight amounts of random drift into a signal in order to better simulate the way true analog synths behave, where no signal is truly 100% consistent."

"I figured out what the M1 and M2 do, they can be controlled by any other of the modulators. Example of How it is used, click on anyone of the modulator tabs things, P1, P2, P3, E1 ---- all the way up to VR and you can drag it to Mod1/Mod2"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  12. EvilDragon

This is actually not fully true. VR is indeed Voice Random, but it's not a constantly changing random value. It's a single random value for each voice (as set by maximum polyphony on Voice tab), and they are cycled through.

13. GuidoPa

GuidoPa NI Product Owner

Ok, I copypasted your answer on the FB post.

14. drumfish

drumfish New Member

Hi everyone, 1st of all, i probably was an happy few of those able to download Massive X in seconds ... I read here & there a loads of complains about X. On my side, this reborn of Massive is a true success ... I use nearly every vst synth out there (+- 200) & Massive x is amazingly light on my cpu = 1st test = 3 tracks loaded with massive x - 5 notes polyphony on each tracks - each track has arp chords & progression on each midi phrase = pretty midi intense = 20% cpu = way much lighter than UVI Falcon or even some reaktor ensembles, lighter than serum, lighter than fxpansion cypher or strobe ou u-he bazille & so on ... it's 1 of the lightest vst on my side.

The true success for me is the modulation implementation of Massive X. Pretty stunning. 1 of the best modulation out there.

I agree with the lack of presets but then it forces us to tweak it ... which is good i think.

Just 1 think : the manual please !!!

15. Mike OConnor

Mike OConnor NI Product Owner

Ah! I was wondering about that. Is that also the case in Massive X? That is a really interesting idea -- which changes the way that I'll approach the synth.

16. EvilDragon

Yes, it's the same in MX.

• Like Like x 1
  17. whimcat

whimcat New Member

How can I make a post on the support forum by using nickname? I'd like to report a bug I found.
    I've already set mine on my account, but the description reads "Your post will appear under the following name: MY REAL NAME (Set Nickname)".
    Am I missing something?

18. Mike OConnor

Mike OConnor NI Product Owner

Thanks! I'm quickly finding that I don't miss the feedback that much, especially knowing that it's intentional. Makes my brain/ears work harder and in different ways. Stupendous synth, no?

19. GuyPicks

GuyPicks NI Product Owner

My computer is not AVX ready so...MX down the drain. Everything else works...too bad.
    Bought it thinking it would work. Had no idea.

20. EvilDragon

Always, always check system requirements before any purchase.

• Like Like x 2