1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Massive X Support Forum

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by Mick @ NI, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Drogan

Drogan New Member

Hello everyone.
    I have a question about my processor and the phenomenon ii x4 925.
    Is it part of the avx processors.
    I doubt answers that will certainly name.
    Because I'm having an error opening the plugin.
    Thank you in advance for your answers

2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

3. Drogan

Drogan New Member

Thank you Paule for your answer not knowing the processors, I prefer to ask the question.
    Well, there is nothing left to do, you have to recycle my old PC.

4. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Your processor isn't in AVX list of AMD

5. Drogan

Drogan New Member

Tanks Paule

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  6. MTVIC

MTVIC New Member

When opening a saved Ableton Live set .The saved preset is shown as user in the preset window of Massive X.
    How do I get Massive X to show the preset used in the Live Set ?

7. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

That's not yet possible (needs a fix).

8. backbeat2

backbeat2 NI Product Owner

I have the same problem.
    Loading some Massive v1 (not all) 3rd party presets (Zenhiser) loads Massive X with init preset.

9. Tom Shafer

Tom Shafer New Member

Is there a way to copy and paste your modulation points in the performer section to string them out through the whole 8 bar section?

10. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

No, AFAIK. You can select individual steps though, but did not find any way to copy/duplicate. I a future update ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. pietw

pietw New Member

For Massive there are many sounds. How about using a converter to convert the sounds of Massive to the MassiveX format?
    I realize that it does not work 100% compatible but if e.g. the envelopes, filter settings or wavetables are adopted.
    This would give you a reasonable basis for new sounds.
    If it is still possible to import your own wavetables you could reinterpret the Massive sounds with MassiveX.

12. Big Gnome

Big Gnome NI Product Owner

I really would not hold my breath on this one. The architectures are much too different for this to be viable for any but the most generic of sounds. This is a little like asking for an FM8 to Absynth converter--yeah, both have up to 6 oscillators and can do FM, but that's entirely missing the point.
    Wavetable import was never possible with either Massive or Massive X.

13. pietw

pietw New Member

Thank you so much for your information. I already thought so. So with the converter. The lack of possibility to import your own wavetables has prevented me and many others from acquiring Massive or MassiveX because a wavetable synth without its own wavetables is like a piano without keys. Can Native Instruments allow the loss of potential buyers?

14. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

MX could certainly be better, and the WT import would certainly be cool, but you already so many possibilities with the factory WT and Noise, with the huge modulations features and the power of the routing. Wavetables don't make it all.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Big Gnome

Big Gnome NI Product Owner

I don’t disagree, but both Massives have tons of wavetables. What gave you the impression they don’t?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. pietw

pietw New Member

A guitarist wants to play with his own sound. He adjusts the amp as he wants. Each producer produces his songs as he pleases. In the mastering studio, the mixer masts the songs as he or the client wants. A singer sings in his own voice. I do not know why NI does not understand that and does not listen to his customers. I know that many have asked for their own wavetables. Is that perhaps why NI is currently in trouble? I do not know. But what I know that almost every Wavetablesynth in plugin format own Wavetables allows. Exception Waldorf. Largo and Nave. That is also incomprehensible and also there is not on the wishes of the customers heard. OK. My opinion about it. I did not buy Massive at the time and will not buy MassiveX either. That's a pity, but that's the way it is.

17. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

Own wavetable is good, but not a magical recipe. And not so easy to have interesting WT. and like you said, the idea is to start frim pseudo standard material and by your talent / work, getting a result. Fantastic sounds have been on WT sybths without custom WT. But I guess you won’t agree :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Both are Made in Germany.

19. tkurgpold

tkurgpold NI Product Owner

More to the point, FM8 to Absynth would be an easier undertaking. X has one less oscillator and filter. :p

If all you're after is envelopes and filters, those are relatively easy things to copy the settings of if you keep the old patch open while adjusting settings in Massive X.

20. TranceEmerson

TranceEmerson New Member

I suppose I have to post this again, I'm reporting a bug that happens when you click on the interface in Massive X. when you click on the interface, MIDI notes start getting stuck when they are stricken on a keyboard. I have to push the global stop button to reset it, but when I click the interface again the MIDI notes go back to getting stuck.

I am running Massive X version 1.1.0 with the Library update 1.1.0
    I have tried using the plugin in 4 DAW's and I get the same results.
    FL Studio 20,
    Reason 11,
    Ableton Live 10.1,
    Studio One 4.5.
    I am running on Windows 10, most recent build and as an extra bit of information, I have a plugin bridger (DBridger), but Massive X is not being bridged, I am running Massive X 64 bit in the native 64 bit wrapper with my DAWs.

Please investigate what is causing this and fix it.