1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Massive X VR - Voice Randomisation Question

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by Ray Quin, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Ray Quin

Ray Quin New Member

So I think I understand the way that VR - Voice Randomisation works. Each of the voices you are using gets a static random value assigned to it across the range you assign.
    I think I'm having a hard time understanding the way it works in the stereo effects section, if it does at all.

I can drag and drop the VR to values in the Stereo effects section, for example delay time or flange mix, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't actually apply any modulation. This makes sense to me because this section is supposed to be the stereo effects section and so voice randomisation wouldn't work, I just want to double-check that's the expected behaviour, and I'm not muddling up various settings in the Engine Setup or something, just because it seems strange that you can drag the VR buttons and add them as modulations in this area even if they don't work. Should that be removed as it is confusing, or am I understanding it wrongly?

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

I also think it's for soundsources (only oscillators?), at least native describes it so, i never tried it on a filter myself, even used it rarely, but maybe really worth to use it more often. And yes if it's only usable with the oscillators it should be only possible to set it there to avoid confusion.

Uwe

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ray Quin

Ray Quin New Member

Thanks for the confirmation, I was worried I'd misunderstood it. I was wondering what'd happen if I could use it to basically make random but latched variations for the phaser and flanger, like you can for the synced delay, but perhaps there's no way to do that without affecting the notes already playing.