1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Massive x

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by sameer, Sep 20, 2018.

1. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

i just wanted to post my conjecture here because of what has happened in the past with NI promising something to its users, in my case, with Maschine Jam. the picture i've included here displays a post made by NI on the forum, telling potential buyers of their soon-to-be-released Maschine Jam that 2 extremely important features of the device/software would not be ready on release date, but would be released soon after that. then it was never released, and it's over 2 years now & counting. and instead of making good on their promise, they gave us sounds.com instead.
    so it wouldn't surprise me if Massive X received the same treatment.

Attached Files:

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Priorities shift, building features takes time, sometimes a lot longer than estimated. That post doesn't mention that the feature will be "released soon after" - the wording "a little longer" does not mean the same thing. In fact, that can mean any period of time, really, depending on who you ask. :D Also nothing in that post was "promised" formally, nor was any sort of promise implied - that's entirely a conjencture that you made.

3. sameer

sameer NI Product Owner

A beta release is never a full promise...they must have had technical or other reasons not to make the song layer in the official candidate. I am cool with that . Sorry to sound like a fanboy but I have rarely seen NI making sloppy moves with their products ..as ED said , let's wait and watch .:)

4. jackn2mpu

jackn2mpu NI Product Owner

Stop playing at words Mario - you're not good enough to do so. It gets old real quick your making excuses for NI. 'A lot longer than estimated'? 2 years and nothing is plenty long; too long to tell the truth. I don't blame wetdentist for how he feels. If NI can't make good on something they should come right out and tell us but I guess the thin air up in Grenoble has rotted people's brains.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. EvilDragon

• Like Like x 1
  6. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

i was just trying to provide a public service.
    2+ years is pretty long, imo (and no, i've never heard of Duke Nukem Forever).
    and before we know it, NI will charge us for Maschine 3 software in order to obtain the features that they said would be a part of the Jam release!

• Like Like x 1
  7. jackn2mpu

2 years might be nothing to you but for those of us that live in the real world it's an eternity. Now if you would only stop being an NI apologist and look at this from a user's point of view that would be great but I can see that isn't going to happen any time soon.

This is a classic NI thing of not giving a damn about their customers. They do what they want when they want and to hell with everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2018
  8. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

From Reaktor 5 to 6 flown 10 years.

9. EvilDragon

Yep, that too, although we DID get updates till 5.9.3 or something.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Last on R5 is 5.9.4

11. dreddiknight

dreddiknight NI Product Owner

Wow!
    No, NI clearly stated at the time in the forum, and in their advertising for Jam that song layer was on the way... And soon, not 2 years down the line. Beta testers were full of ideas and enthusiasm, so were NI to the extent that they posted their ideas about it publicly which up to that point had been beta only. They even released a beta version with a working song layer by mistake. They then got word from on high that they needed to work on audio features for synergy with their loop and sample selling business, and they stopped working on it; promise be damned!

This is less about development hell, and more about marketing micro managing the natural direction of a product to the detriment of the current user base. There was no doubt in any of the conversations taking place that song layer was imminent and important and well deserved, up until the point audio looping suddenly became more important.

Now 2 years later it is obvious why that happened.

Well that's just how I see it, obviously you see it completely differently. An opinion to which you are totally entitled, although from here it seems biased.

• Like Like x 2
  12. rcmusic35

rcmusic35 NI Product Owner

Grenoble is Arturia headquarters' town, not NI ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

ED is just making correct statements about what can happen during development. It seems to me sometimes, that a lot of people have no idea, what it takes to build the most "simple" things.

14. jackn2mpu

I stand corrected.

15. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

You're so right - I know it from setting ideas in Reaktor practice.

16. Big Gnome

Big Gnome NI Product Owner

That’s just what NI wants you to think. Wake up, sheeple!

• Funny Funny x 1