1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Master automation

Discussion in 'Public Beta Discussion' started by shem.f, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shem.f

shem.f New Member

Hi.
    Can anyone tell me how i can "record" automation on a master fx module?
    I know i can create a fx on a pad and route all the audio to there.. But by doing that live performances suffers by not being able to use the solo group function any more...
    Any tipps around?

2. Mads L

Mads L NI Product Owner

Automation is disabled for plugins/effects on master level. And it seems you would already know the way around it - to create a master input slot and run your automation there.

This is by design, but we do recognize the use case for this.

3. shem.f

shem.f New Member

wow, thx for the quick reply.
    but what do you mean exactly with master input slot? Is there a way to route "master-out" to the slot or do i have to route each group seperatly?

4. Mads L

Mads L NI Product Owner

In lets say group H, you select the input module in sound 1, slot 1. Call it "drums"
    Same thing for sound 2, module slot one. Use the input module. and call it bass.

Then route the group outputs of all drum groups to sound 1, group H and so forth.
    All the basses to sound 2, group H.

Then you have all the audio going through sound 1 & 2 and you can use stutter effects for the beats, and fat EQ's for the basses - it has some benefits opposed to simply routing it directly to master. And you can automate the effects this way.

You cant route the outputs of the master to anything but the physical outputs of maschine so you need to create a virtual master bus as described here.

5. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Just wondering... What is the reason for not being able to automate on the master?

6. Mads L

Mads L NI Product Owner

Automation data is a property of groups and sounds, there is no gui and lo logic to automate master effects over more patterns (where it would make sense), and when you have 2 parameters automated for sound and 4 for a group, the automation pane is quite packed as it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.