MIDI control on mouse hover

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by PIANOPICTURES, Sep 27, 2015.

1. PIANOPICTURES

PIANOPICTURES NI Product Owner

This is not an original idea, but it is about being able to have a hardware MIDI knob to control the panel elements right under your mouse cursor without any mouse clicks at all. You just move your mouse around the Instrument with one hand and tweak all the control elements with a single MIDI knob (encoder is sure much better for this) with another hand.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  2. herw

herw NI Product Owner

very simple (connect knob midi to midi). The text areas are only there to show the activity. Position the mouse right over the knobs and use midi.
    maus_und_midi.png
    the knobs can be used too because the mouse areas are inside a sub macro!
    ciao herw

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. PIANOPICTURES

PIANOPICTURES NI Product Owner

That's very cool, thank you. Is it a bug or a feature, the connection to the last used knob is maintained even after you move the mouse completely away lol. Sure could be avoided somehow. BTW is it some Partials Framework stuff going on in your Core macro?

4. herw

herw NI Product Owner

yes it's only a very quick solution. This is no bug but i forgot to use the MO=0 signal. I think it's simple to avoid.
    yes it is the router from partials framework. I am using it often.
    ciao herw

PS: here is the correct ensemble.
    If you don't like all mouse areas in one sub macro you can pack every knob and it's area into a macro. Mouse area has to be in a sub macro there.

BTW: your idea is very useful

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 1